Chapter Five

"Prawn cocktail or cheese and onion?"

Y/N glanced between the two packets Jodie placed on the table. "Uhh...haven't they got any plain ones?"

"Well, I don't know. These ones are round, but I can ask if they have them in a plane shape if you want." Jodie grinned.

"Hah."

"I'll check the vending machine." Jodie got up.

Y/N began to through the news feed on her phone. The usual virus articles popped up, many about the vaccine now available to over-60s. She wondered if her Dad would be getting his.

She tapped on LGBTQ stories, casually reading the titles of each, until she spotted her name, and an unflattering photo of herself beside Jodie's much better one.

NEW LGBTQ FILM WITH JODIE WHITTAKER AND Y/N L/N BEGINS FILMING

"Oh great." she muttered.

"What?"Jodie had suddenly appeared in the chair opposite, sliding a red packet over the table and tucking into her own pink one.

"We're in a news article, about the film." Y/N sighed.

"Ooh, let's have a look."

Y/N quickly deleted a few widgets and passed it over. Jodie started to read it out.

"'The new film, starring Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch, Doctor Who) and newly emerging actress Y/N L/N (Two Turtle Doves), has reportedly starting filming in South West London. Whittaker and L/N star as lesbian couple Amanda and Cara, respectively, that decide to move from London to Inverness, but their transport is disrupted. The pair continue, trying to get there before the New Year begins.' They make it sound a lot less dramatic then it is." Jodie scoffed a little.

"Just ignore the photo of me, it's really bad quality, from the '90s." Y/N started to reach over to take the phone back.

"What photo?" Jodie was interested.

"Oh, it doesn't matter."

"Aww, little photo of Y/N. You look so cute!"

"Haha, can I have it back, please." Y/Ns cheeks grew hot and she tried to take the phone but Jodie didn't notice, huddling in to her chest.

"Ooh, what's this? Instagram notification?"

"Oh god, don't look at that, just ignore it-"

"Reply from @tracythekoala 'speak to meeee. i know you're busy with jodie but im lonely too.'"

Y/N finally yanked the device from Jodie's hands and turned the screen black. When she looked up again Jodie's eyebrows were raised with a slight smile.

"Busy? With me?"

"Yeah, uh." she gulped. "Erm, it's a thing, that she says...because I'm..busy, filming, with you."

"Okay.."

"So I'm..busy, and I'm filming with you...so, when I'm busy, I'm busy..with you."

"Right."

"Yeah."

"Hey, uh, you've been seeming a little stressed since we started filming."