Chapter 10

-Shorter chapter today!!

"Marinette?" Ms. Bustier asked. Marinette turned, closing her book.

"This is Lila, our newest student! Would you mind showing her around?"

Marinette was often asked to do things like this at her school. At school, the adults all saw her as the good figure skating girl who stayed out of trouble. She mostly kept to herself, given that she went to the local private school, whilst her friends went to the public school, or, in the cases of Kagami and Adrien, were homeschooled. That was part of the deal she had made with her parents, when she was eight and began getting into competitive figure skating. She would have to have an amazing academic life too. So, she transferred out of public school and went to College Dupont. And she hated it. She hated the uniforms, she hated the classes, she hated 99% of the teachers (Ms. Bustier was the one exception). Perhaps, most of all, Marinette hated the other kids in her class. They were shallow and idiotic. They hadn't even talked to her until fifth grade-even then, they were only asking her to give them shoutouts on @theladybug because they heard she was popular. 'One more year' she constantly reminded herself.

The girl next to Ms. Bustier-Lila, she assumed, was fidgeting with her hands. She had long brown hair with bangs, slicked back into a ponytail. Her eyes were green.

"Sure." mumbled Marinette, closing her book. "Follow me, Lila."

"So, you figure skate, right?"

"Yep."

"That's so cool! I have a friend who skates, might you know her?"

"Probably, what's her name?"

"Chloe Bourgeouis."

Marinette stared at her, blankly, in shock.

"Yeah", smirked Lila. "That's what I thought." Lila grabbed Marinette by the shoulders and shoved her hard. So hard, in fact Marinette forgot to brace herself for the flight of stairs behind her. She tipped down and landed hard on her ankle. No, no, no, this couldn't be happening. She couldn't hurt her ankle, she couldn't! She NEEDED that ankle to be perfect, she couldn't ever have any serious injuries-she couldn't. She wasn't even eighteen yet. She didn't even realize she was crying, when she looked back up at Lila, who was goggling at Marinette innocently.

"Oh my, Marinette, how clumsy of me! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!" pleaded Lila. The smirk in her eyes was still very visible. Marinette narrowed her own.

"I'll go get the nurse!" singsinged Lila, as she trotted off. Marinette swore under her breath.

"I did it." Lila whispered into her phone.

"Good."

"Now, you need to help me."