Epilogue: Kai/Kyatha

This is just an extra chapter... please let me know what you think!

Kai looked at the forest around her. In the back of the Sato mountain cabin (It was more like a mountain mansion) was a pine tree wilderness. It was where the Beifongs (Kai's parents, Bolin and Opal), the Sato's (Her aunt and uncle, Mako and Asami, and her cousin Ruby), and Avatar Korra had their reunion. Kai had missed the past few years but was glad to be back. They were currently in the middle of capture the flags game: Kai's and Ruby's parents made up a team, and Korra, Ruby, and Kai made up the opposing team. Korra volunteered to do defense and was planning to use the Avatar state if she needed to. Ruby and Kai figured that Bolin and Mako would do defense while the ladies tried to steal the flag. Ruby was going to take the skies and draw attention with her fire jet pack, while Kai would sneak through the trees.

Kai was now trying to calculate what to do next. She was 20 feet away from the border to the other side. Once she crossed the border, she could be caught and put in 'jail.' Kai laughed quietly, thinking of the time she spent in the Republic city police cell. She was so scared of what her family would think of her, but it ended up turning out ok. Ruby had eventually forgiven her and it was nice to back. Kai still wasn't ready to be called Kyatha yet, so her friends and family called her Kai. Kai had also resumed her studies at air temple island and her mother helped her catch up. The scar of her tattoo didn't matter anymore and the Triple Threats had kept their distance.

Kai heard a loud, vvvvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrooooooommmmmmmm! In the distance Aunt Asami's mo-ped! Kai created a wind blast and lifted into the trees, she crouched on the branch peering at the forest floor. She almost missed her aunt, because she had a green jacket and was going at top speed. But not fast enough. Kai swung out of the tree and landed on the back of her aunt's moped. They almost fell off the scooter but Asami was able to steady it. They were in Kai's territory so she tagged her aunt.

"Oh come on!" Her aunt said, unbuckling her helmet and pulling the scooter to a halt. "You were camping!"

"Actually I was going to steal the flag when I heard your mo-ped. I figured I would wait for you." Kai hopped off the back and pointed at where her team's jail was. It was the shed in the back of the property; it was on the lawn of the mansion so Korra could see when there was a jailbreak without all the trees blocking the view.

"Fine, I'm willing to go to jail, just watch out for your mother. I think she took Juicy and is taking the sky root."

"Nope I'm right here," said a voice from the treetops, Kai looked up and saw her mother standing on a branch on her side of the line.

"Come to rescue, Aunt Asami?" Kai asked figuring if she should try to arrest her mother or go steal the flag. Why not do both? Her mind thought.

"Nope, I'm here to steal the flag." Asami groaned, and said;

"You traitor!" Opal smirked showing her competitive spirit.

"I'll rescue you once I win!" Opal said, leaping out of the tree and landing on her bison's back. This was so not fair! Her mother had still not let Kai get a bison, claiming that the younger airbenders deserved to get a bison first. Which made no sense! But whatever. Kai took a running jump and used her airbending to propel her on Juicy's back. Her mother was now officially in her territory so Kai scrambled over and tagged her mother. Who was busy flying her bison. She turned and let out a very similar groan to Aunt Asami. Finally, now all, who was left was Kai's father and her Unkle. She turned back to the woods and saw Ruby Jetpacking her way over to her. Kai willed the wind to push her faster her way. Ruby was grinning, they had won!