2 | head meetings

Dumbledore ultimately decided that it was safe for students to return to Hogwarts. Letters were sent home to parents, however, explaining what had happened on the train and giving them the option of sending their kids back home. Many did.

"Was it really him?" Angela asked Del the following morning. "Did he really try to get on the train?"

Del glanced around for a moment before nodding, "It was."

"What was he there for?" Cynthia inquired.

"My guess is new recruits."

"But the majority of the people on the train were underage," she pointed out. "What good would that do him?"

"From my understanding, he's starting them young so that they grow up to be the followers he desires," Del explained, glancing over at where Regulus sat briefly. "Guess it's just easier that way."

"How do you know that?" Axel asked.

She raised an eyebrow at the boy, "Common sense." She placed her fork down and folded her hands in front of her, "Why do you ask? Want to find out a way for you to join him?"

He narrowed his eyes, "You're just upset that I have a better chance than you, Delphinus."

"Don't call me that," she reminded him, picking up her fork and resuming her meal.

"And now you're upset because you know I'm right."

"Yeah," Del scoffed. "You caught me."

"She won't even look at me," Sirius announced with a huff. It had been a year since the last time he talked to his sister but she was so stubborn that nothing had changed. "She's never going to talk to me again."

"Don't you think you're being dramatic?" Peter asked and Sirius shot him a look.

"It's been a whole year," he pointed out, "What if she's miserable?"

"She seemed fine to me," James shrugged.

Sirius's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You've talked to her?"

James seemed to recall that he hadn't talked to Sirius about running into Del. He had been so distracted with his parents' letter asking if he thought he and Sirius were safe at Hogwarts that he forgot. "It wasn't a very pleasant conversation."

"Why did you talk to her?"

"She's the Slytherin Head Girl," James explained and Sirius grew even more confused.

"She is?" he gaped. "How did she manage that?"

"How did James manage Head Boy?" Peter countered.

"Talk to her for me," Sirius requested and James huffed. "You guys are meeting before classes, aren't you? Try and get her to talk to me."

James raised an eyebrow, "What good would that do? She doesn't like me."

"At least she'll talk to you," he countered. "Tell her that I want to talk to her."

"It's been over a year," James reminded the boy. "If she hasn't talked to you yet, she probably won't ever." Sirius frowned and James quickly added, "I'll talk to her though. See if she's up for it."

Sirius grinned, "Great."

"I have to get going," Del informed her friends as she placed her fork down. "There's a meeting for the Head's of each house so we can discuss the upcoming week. It was supposed to be last night but things got complicated."

"We'll see you in Potions, then?" Angela inquired.

"Yeah," she agreed before standing up. "Potions."