ⓣђ𝐢ή𝐊 ί 𝔨𝕟𝐨ώ Ŵ𝓗𝕖𝓇𝑒 𝓾 𝕓𝔢𝐥ⓞn𝓖, ŦᕼⒾᶰ𝐊 𝐈 ҜN𝐨Ŵ ί𝔱'丂 𝐖I𝐓ⓗ 𝓂乇 ✎

♦️
'Underground Tavern Society'
[UTS]

♦️'Underground Tavern Society'[UTS]

card no. 9
♦️
IV. Ace of Diamonds
—Jack Manifold

"Frankly, I couldn't have witnessed a better landing" He smugly smirked at me in a way that drove me insane.

I didn't get up from the driveway. I wasn't sure if I had any plans on doing so. If we're gonna have this meeting, I'm willing to test his patience.

He took a couple steps towards me, his shadow casting down up on myself. He reached his hand out, but I didn't take it. Instead, he joined me on the cold ground.

"I was about to leave until I saw something jump out the window. I almost thought it was some extraterrestrial being, turns out it's just you." He lightheartedly laughed. There was something about the way this man smiles that makes my brain shut down.

Whether it was his faint dimples, or his defined cheekbones, I could feel my heart change tempo at the sight.

"God damn, if only I had known... maybe I would've slept in just a little bit longer."

"I'm very pleased to have your company this morning. I was almost convinced you weren't gonna show up."

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't climb up that damn roof and get back to bed then."

His expression softened, like he was trying to be gentle with me. "I want to make things right with you. It's far too late for Niki, she hates my guts— and rightfully so, but it isn't too late for you."

He piqued my interest. Maybe I could even get myself an apology out of this. "What makes you think I want to make things right?"

"Nothing. This is all a huge gamble on my end, but I don't mind."

"Weren't you just pushing me away?" I typically wouldn't dare ask such a bold question, but it's easy to identify patterns in people. It's best to terminate it before it extends on.

He didn't respond vocally. His silence was enough of an answer. I sighed, lifting myself off the ground, ready to find my way up to my bedroom window again.

He didn't let that happen though.

"It's not for the reasons you think, y/n. Man this is exactly what I was afraid of— I've painted quite an image of myself, havent I? I want to erase it. That's not who I am at all."

"Enough with these secrets, Will. Who are you?"

It was his turn to stand up, accompany me on the side of my driveway. "I'm William Gold. I was born in London, raised in Brighton. I'm 23, a Libra, but you're the only one who knows that." He paused for a second, sweeping up any possible fact he can come up with, "I like to keep my personal life and information because I don't like having people breathing up my neck. I've taken up music as a career. It's the only way I can get my thoughts out in a comprehensible way or else it would look somewhat like a mess of scribbles on paper.."