Uhhhhhhhhhh what do i name this chapter

♥️
'Underground Tavern Society'
[UTS]

♥️'Underground Tavern Society'[UTS]

card no. 10
♥️
X. Four of Hearts
—George(notfound)

He lightly giggled when his eyes landed on me, like nothing happened and life resumed like he never left. I wish I could've shot him a glare, curse him out for everything...

...but I didn't.... because I wasn't angry... and I never was.

He didn't change a bit since I last saw him. Perhaps his hair grew out a little, and his face got ever so slightly more chiseled, but there were no clear differences from the surface.

I felt myself going soft, maybe even batting my eyelashes on autopilot. It's as if my body completely forgot what it was like to live without him.

The atmosphere of the room was off. The silent murmurs being exchanging around the room felt all so incredibly loud. There were weary stares, almost petrified upon my arrival.

"Davidson."

"L/n."

"We've got some catching up to do."

His voice didn't change ever. Neither did his smile, his stance, or his lethargic stare. George stood up from his chair, meeting me halfway. He wasn't particularly tall, but he stood at what I'd describe as a comfortable height.

We were standing, feet parallel, stiff posture and eyes not once breaking away. "Hey." He greeted for the third time.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"To the other end of the coast and back."

You wouldn't be able to tell from a distance, but the bridge of his nose all the way to his cheeks were sprinkled with subtle freckles; ones that I've counted over a million times. I squinted my eyes, examining every detail of his face the way I used to whenever I had the chance. His cheeks still glowed a natural rose, his grin was still wide and arched.

Standing here in front of him almost felt nostalgic. "Why'd you come back?"

His mouth opened and then closed, his teeth essentially grating against one another once being posed with the question. He played with his hoodie strings, slowly mustering out his answer: "You."

"Huh?"

He held his arms out, pulling me close where my head landed in a subtle crevice just below his shoulder. Somehow I always found myself in a boys arms, but this time it was different; this was the boy I considered my first love.