30 🍹

Ashley's POV

After a few hours of wild sex we're finally just laying in bed. My head on his chest and him drawing circles on my back. It's nice to just lay like this with him. To forget all the bad things and just focus on us. That's when I suddenly realized something. I push up on one elbow.

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Wait, why are you here ?" He smiles and folds his arms behind his head. But before I can get an answer from him the bedroom door is thrown open. Magdalene walks in with little to no effort.

I pull the covers up to cover myself. My eyes almost popped out. How can she just walk in like that with no warning what so ever. She looks at us. More specifically at me. "I heard you shot your brother." I'm at a lost for words. I swallow and clear my throat. "Yeah. It was a kind of in the moment thing." She smiles.

"Honey, you've proven to me that you would always choose my family over your own. That's loyalty." I'm a little confused with her confession. I look at Owen but he pulls me into his side. He kisses me softly. "You asked what I was doing here, well my mother called. She made a deal with your brother. Deckard's death was a set up."

The words are running wild in my mind. Set up. It was all a bloody set up. I pull away from him. "You didn't think to tell me ?!" I look at them both. Owen is quiet not speaking so I turn my attention to his mother. "I didn't know if we could trust you with it." That made my blood boil. I look at Owen. "Trust me? After everything you doubted if you could trust me !"

I'm furious with him. I thought we got past the whole trust issue. "You can't blame me. Look how you reacted when he got 'killed'." I stare at him and then the bulb in my head flickers on. "You still think I might have unresolved feelings for Deckard. That's what this is about isn't it ? You were afraid I'd talk him out of it."

Magdalene clears her throat. "Honey, relax. I know you love my son. That issue has been resolved a while ago. Let's not dig up old cows." I look at her. Tears sring my eyes. I look back at Owen who ran a hand through his hair. "Your son is being an insecure, jealous asshole right now."

I grab the sheet and wrap it around my body. Owen's eyes are burning my back. I walk into the bathroom and slam the door shut. I want to cry. The love of my life is not trusting me anymore. I step into the shower and the tears just rolls down my cheeks.

 I step into the shower and the tears just rolls down my cheeks

I didn't hear the bathroom door open. I just felt two arms wrap around my waist. Pulling me flat against his chest. Small kiss on my shoulder and in my neck. "I'm sorry." Those two words are just above a whisper in my ear.

I know he never says sorry to anyone no matter how wrong he is. "I love you, baby. I can't loose you." I keep my back to him. We stay like that for a few minutes until he gently kisses my head and get out of the shower. Leaving me to my own thoughts.

Deckard's POV

"Mom told me what happened." Owen just looks at me. Walks past back to the kitchen. I raise an eyebrow at him. "She doesn't deserve that. She's done nothing to you to ever make you doubt her." He stops. Stands still and then slowly turn towards me.

"Oh I trust her it's you I don't trust." I smirk. Look down. "Of course you don't." He walks closer to me. "You think thisbis funny ?" I shake my head and look at him. "No I don't but I do think that if you continue to treat her like this she will come to me."

My words are not even cold yet before I'm tackled over the couch on the ground with fists pounding my face. If he wants to fight I'll give him a fight. I kick him off and jump up. We go at each other. We roll over one punch after the other. "That. Is. Enough."

Mom's voice is as cold as ice. We both freeze and look at her. Her eyes are flaming with anger. "You're fighting over a girl and I know why your fighting over her because I sure as hell would throw a punch or two for her. I'd love to have her as my daughter in law. She had the Shaw spirit but no woman is worth a brotherhood."

Owen gets up. Reach his hand out to me and pulls me up. "Deck's I know that your in love with that girl but she is your brother's. Drop it and move on." I nod. She looks behind me to Owen. "Owen, you need to see what you have. She'll bend heaven over hell for you and she did." Owen is silent but I know Mom's words got to him.

As strong as my feelings for Ashely had grow I just have to fight them. Owen is happy. The first time in his life he has met a woman that has made him better. I'll respect that relationship. I turn back to him and over my hand. Ghe stares a moment and then he shakes it.