32 🌌

"Baby girl?" I stir and open one eye. Owen pushes a bit of hair from my face. The sun is lurking in from the window on the east side. "Deckard and I have to hold up our end of the deal with your brother." I nod and push myself up by my left arm. I kiss him. I keep my hands on his face and bite my lip. "Are we okay now?" He looks down and I can see that it is still bothering him, but he is working on it.

"You have to let go of this jealousy and trust me." He looks back at me and capture my lips with his. "I do." He whispers. I climb onto his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. "I do trust you and that scares me even more. You have my heart." I smile and see the fear in his eyes. "You are capable of destroying me." I kiss him. "I can never do that. I love you so much that it hurts sometimes."

He smiles and hugs me

He smiles and hugs me. He buries his face in my neck. "Go with Deckard. Fix your relationship as well and bring my brother back." He nods and gives me one last kiss before there is a knock on our door. Deckard steps in and sees us. He has a sad but happy smile on his face. "It is time." I slowly get of Owen's lap.

"Be careful. Both of you." They nod and then leave. I am worried about them. So much that a wave of nauseas hits me. I get dressed and decide to go into the city. The baby will be living with us for a couple of days until Dom sorted everything out with his family. That means I need some baby clothes, food, nappies. Let us just say I need baby supplies.

I get a call from Mia. I first want to decline it but then decided to answer. "Hey." I can hear Jack is playing with his dad in the background. "I wanted to check in. Letty told me what happened to Deckard and I know you two were close." I smile and know this is the part she is ging to try and fish if were more than friendship between Deckard and me.

I grab nappies from the shelf and place it in my trolley. "I am fine and no there were never anything more than friendship between Deckard and myself. I love Owen." I grab of formula and two dummies. "I know you love Owen but is there not a part of you that has feelings for Deckard?" I stop in my tracks. "I really wish people will get the idea that Deckard will always be like my brother. I have no romantic feelings for him. I love Owen. Should I place that on the international news for everyone."

I can hear her chuckle. "Sorry, I did not mean to upset you I just wanted to make sure you are okay." I walk past the perfume aisle. The vanilla immediately catches my attention and I feel the nauseas in the pit of my stomach. "Mia I am going to have to call you back." I do not wait for an answer as I end the call and search for the nearest exit. I barely make it to the bathroom before I puke my lungs out.

I lean back against the wall and then slide down. I really need to hear from them. The stress is worse than before. I guess it is because I thought I have lost both before. I cannot lose them again. I stand up. Wash my hands and go out to get my trolley right where I left it in my rush. I take my phone to call Owen, but it goes straight to voicemail. I should call Mia back.

"What just happened?" The first thing she could say to me when she answers. "Sorry I had an important call that came through." I have no idea if she knows about the baby so I should rather keep it to myself. Dom would probably want to tell everyone himself. "I will forgive you this one time." I just roll my eyes and go to the baby clothes section.

My heart melts at the sight of the tiny clothes and shoes

My heart melts at the sight of the tiny clothes and shoes. How can a person be so small? "Ash? You still there?" I snap out of my trace and grab a couple of items. "Yes, I am still here. I am out doing shopping for Mrs Shaw, so I have to concentrated on what I am buying." She starts to laugh. "Yeah, the mother-in-law. I do not know if I should be grateful not to have one." At the till I slowly start to unpack my trolley. "I think your mother-in-law would have loved you." She is quiet and I know she wishes she had met her. I think Brain sometimes wish the same. Especially for the kids. It is a real shame that they must grow up without grandparents. "I am sure Mama Shaw loves you as well."

This time it is my turn to laugh. "Trust me she did not like me much in the beginning, but I think our hearts are in the same place." I pay and grab the bags. As I walk to my car, I say my goodbye to Mia. Just as I reach the car there is Magdalene waiting for me with two of her goons. "Do I even want to know how you found me?" She smirks. The two guys come and take my bags. "Come on they are taking the shopping home while you and I go out for some lunch."

I do not protest. I hand them the bags and get with her in the car. This time it is only the two of us. She speeds away and I must say she has impressed the shit out of me. This woman knows how to drive.