21 🧊

Ashley's POV

I went to sit down across from the woman. She gently places her cup back on the table. "I'm Magdalene Shaw." Those three words feels like ice water dropped on my head.

"As in .." She smiles at me. Probably enjoying this moment. "As in Deckard and Owen's mother." I'm so killing them both when all of this is over. Especially Deckard. He could of at least warned me.

The room is quiet for some time. She finishes her cup of tea and looks back at me again. "I can now see why both my sons are so crazy about you." I arched an eyebrow. I don't really know how to answer that.

"I wouldn't say both of them. Pretty sure Deckard hates my guts." She shakes her head lightly. Looks back at me and I can see how serious she is. "How many woman has ever been able to hold down one of my sons ?"

I don't know if that is suppose to be a trick question. I frown slightly and start to think about all the information Owen has ever given me about his family. Shich isn't that much. "Well Deckard was married wasn't he?"

I can basically see how annoyed she is with that statement. I kind of makes me want to laugh at her. "Darling that slut doesn't count." Okay now I know exactly how she feels about that girl. "Deckard was young and naive."

I nod at her words. He just briefly told me that he was married once. Didn't explain it to me. "Well other than her I don't know about a marriage or serious relationship." She nods along my words.

"That is until Owen started with you. I honestly thought he was just playing me. I mean I've never met you. Just heard stories." I don't really blame Owen. He told me that his family has some nasty secrets that he didn't want me to end up with.

"Then the accident happened." At the mention of the accident I feel the anger building up inside me. "Deckard found you. The moment he did he called. Told me you were very much real and that you thought Owen was dead."

I remember that day so well. Mia anx I has gotten into a fight about Owen. I stormed out feelimg my heart break into pieces. I thought the love of my life has dead. "I didn't want him to approach you. I mean you were with your family. The same people that is responsible for Owen's accident."

I get were she is coming from. If it was reversed roles I'd do the same thing. "Then he called. Told me he told you everything. I was so angry with him. Like how stupid could he be but then he told me you're here in London with him."

She pauses to see how I'd react. I'm not shocked at all. She was trying to protect her son from the very woman that put him in that position in the first place. "He told me you are helping him. To take down your family. You're determined to get revenge for my son."

I still don't see how this has anything to do with the fact that Deckard is crazy about me ? Why do I even care if he is crazy about me. I love his brother. "Just like that I knew things were going to get complicated. I told Deckard not to get attached to you."

There is absolutely no way that Deckard has feelings for me. He really hates my guts. He kept me on a leash this whole time. Only calling to get help and then it was small things.

"I told him that he could get revenge. You could stay and look after Owen. The next I hear is he called telling me that you were with him. He is sending you here."

I really didn't know any of this. Maybe it's because I've been so focused on Owen. "In that moment I k ew Deckard didn't do as I told him. He might have kept you at arms length but he kept you close."

This is all a hell of alot information that my brain is still trying to process. "I'm really thinking your mistaken Mrs Shaw. Deckard hates my guts. He made it perfectly clear to me."

She looks at me. Long and hard. The room is filled with loaded energy. "Please call me, Magdalene.He did that because he knew your his brother's girlfriend." She is studying my face. Probably to see if any of this is new to me or to see what my agenda is.

"You're going to cause quite conflict in my family." She is serious now. Like she wants to threaten me. "You either tell Deckard you love Owen and if your torn between them walk away now or else.."

Yeah she is definitely threatening me. This actually pisses me off quite alot. I get up. Push the kitchen chair far behind me. My voice is deadly calm.
"Magdalene, I've told Deckard over and over again not to underestimate my love for Owen. I love him. I'm not going to let another family member try and disrespect that."