06 - ANDY

━

CHAPTER SIX
Honest Talk

          ANDY AND STEVE had made their way to the latter's apartment after the former insisted she couldn't go to the hospital and could stitch it up herself. And of course, Steve wouldn't let that happen and they compromised. They were now sat in his rustic bathroom with a first aid kid on the floor tiles.

She was holding a bloody wipe to her face before she balled it up and tossed it into the bin. Luckily, her nose wasn't broken and the most damage they had done to her face was a split lip and a bad nose bleed.

After an awkward few seconds of rolling down her tights, Andy sat on the edge of his bath tub, pulling her skirt up slightly as Steve sat on the floor by her thigh. His fingertips gently grazed the surrounding skin of her cut as he cleaned the dry and fresh blood. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and Andy watched as he handled her wound with so much delicacy and tenderness it sent goosebumps up and down her skin which she was unable to hide.

His dirty blond hair was in its usual neat state with brown strands running through them. Andy was sure there wasn't ever a time where he didn't look incredibly handsome. She could only imagine what she looked like right now with her hair a tangled mess and dried blood coating her face.

He looked up at her for the first time since they left the cafe. He had been avoiding looking her in the eyes since. Andy was no longer talking to Steve Rogers – a civilian and regular at Jackie's cafe and bakery. She was talking to Steve Rogers – Captain America. But that was fine, he was no longer talking to Andy Lores – barista and baker. He was talking to 'Andy Lores' – criminal and runaway.

"You okay?" He finally asked.

"Yeah, I just– I haven't been in a fight in a while. I got in a bit over my head." Andy said, forcing a strained smile.

"You did a good job without me." Steve commented as he put the thread through the needle.

"Thanks." Andy murmured indignantly, followed by a sharp wince when the man began to stitch the wound.

"I'm sorry." He said quickly. "I should have warned you."

"It's okay." Andy let the silence fall over them again as he continued to gently stitch up her cut. "So, how'd you know to be there at the right time?"

Steve exhaled, licking his lips. "I was tasked to tail a woman who's thought to be involved in some of the biggest crimes in the country. So I did. I followed her all the way to Yard's Park."

"Gemma." Andy whispered.

"Yeah."

"Did you tell anyone?"