09 - STEVE

━

CHAPTER NINE
The Triskelion

          STEVE AND ANDY stood in the middle of S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters the following day staring at the giant metal statue of its eagle logo as agents in suits walked past them quickly without so much of a glance in their direction which Steve was thankful for.

"Not the most dignifying thing." Steve mused.

"Not really and slightly pretentious." Andy commented, her face scrunching up disapprovingly.

Steve smiled in amusement. "Only slightly."

Andy cracked a teasing grin. "Wanna take it down?"

"I push, you pull?"

"Sounds good to me."

Steve chuckled lightly before jerking his head to the side. "Come on."

Ten minutes later Steve was standing in front of an angry Fury in his office while Andy sat in the sofa by the large window, overlooking the city, Natasha sitting in the one in front of her after he had just explained everything to them.

"Do you have any idea how many crimes she's probably committed?" Fury exclaimed.

"She's helping us." Steve pointed out frustratedly but sternly. "We have a way in."

Andy held her hand up. "I'm right here. You know, I can leave if you want."

"You really think we can trust her?" Fury continued. "She's a criminal."

"I'm Natasha, by the way." Natasha greeted, leaning forward.

"I'm...Andy, I guess." Andy introduced with a smile.

Natasha quirked an eyebrow. "You sound unsure."

Steve looked at Andy as her nose crinkled. "It's...complicated."

"I hear you." The red head smirked.

"She's been on the side we're trying to take down." Fury stated bluntly, looking back at Steve.

"Fury, you could say the same about me." Natasha pointed out – the two exchanging a knowing look. "Caps right. The fact that shes been on the other side means we could use her."

"If you want to try and take on the Maggia yourself, go ahead." Andy prompted. "But the minute you show up with guns and make a spectacle of yourself, they'll go underground. You won't hear from them for ages or until whatever they have planned is complete. I have a way in."