Chapter 1

(Ryleigh's POV)

" I can't believe you went to get a tattoo, and it HEALED." I say this after I get into the backseat of Stiles' jeep. "You are such an idiot." I tell him while laughing and shaking my head. Scott just rolls his eyes at me.

"And you..." I turn my head to look at Stiles who is holding an ice pack to his head " ... I can't believe you fainted while watching him get his tattoo." Stiles glares at me " You weren't there you can't say anything." I just laugh, My friends are the biggest idiots.

I poke my head in between the two front seats, and look at Scott. "So did you talk to Allison this summer?" I asked. "No, we - we agreed to give each other the summer. No texts, no calls..." Stiles pushes my head back. "So then how do you know she won't be back at school then?"

"Oooohhhh what if she found someone new?" I asked looking at Scott, they both glared at me but kept talking. "After everything that happened, I'm not sure that she's coming back at all." Says Scott. Alright just ignore me then I thought in my head while rolling my eyes.

I turned my head to look out the window, and I see Lydia's car pull up next to us at the spotlight, and I see her and Allison sitting in the front seat. I just smile and laugh quietly. "I think she is. I'd say pretty definite. You know. Like, one hundred percent." I tell Scott while smirking. They both look at me with confused looks. I point out Scott's window and they see Allison and Lydia."OH my God oh-" says Scott. I burst into laughter after watching Scott's reaction.

THE NEXT DAY:

Last night was crazy weird after Lydia and Allison left us at the stoplight. A deer ran straight into the windshield. Why is my life so crazy?

I was in my closet trying to find an outfit to wear for school. I finally pulled out a black crop top, a pair of brown cargo pants, and a pair of black doc Martens. I dressed myself, styled my hair into beach waves, put on some light makeup, grabbed my bag for school and headed downstairs.

Ryleigh's Outfit:

I went into the kitchen downstairs and I saw Derek eating an apple in the kitchen

I went into the kitchen downstairs and I saw Derek eating an apple in the kitchen. Derek became my best friend when I first came to Beacon Hills, and since I'm pretending to be a 17 year old he and his uncle Peter became my legal guardians. I am the only one who actually likes Peter because of everything he has done, but that's alright with me. Derek and Peter are also the only people who know my full story, not even Scott and Stiles know everything.

"Hey Der." I say as I walk into the kitchen. Derek looks up at me "Hey Ry, ready for school?" "Yup, I'm about to head over there now." "Alright I'll see you later, don't get into any trouble." He says. "Ha! No promises, bye Der." I say walking out the door. "I mean it, Ry!" He calls after me. I just laugh. I got into my car and drove to school.

Ryleigh's Car:

I pulled up to school and parked my car next to Stiles' jeep and Scott's bike, grabbed my bag and hopped out of the car

I pulled up to school and parked my car next to Stiles' jeep and Scott's bike, grabbed my bag and hopped out of the car. I saw Scott and Stiles, and ran to catch up to them. "Hey guys." I say as I start walking next to them. " Hey Ryleigh." They both say; I have everyone call me Ryleigh because I prefer that over Faerynn, it's such an old lady name even though I am over 100 years old. "You wanna ask Derek for help? Why? Why?" Stiles asks. "He's got the triskele tattooed on his back. So there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott tells Stiles.

What does Der's tattoo have to do with anything, I thought. "Wait what are you guys talking about?" I asked the boys. They both turn to look at me. "Scott here wants to ask Derek for help with his tattoo." Stiles says while shaking his head. "Oh, well I think that's a good idea, he already has a tattoo". I say looking at Scott. "See! Thank you Ry. At least someone is on my side. "Who cares what Ryleigh thinks." Stiles says while pointing at me. I scoff and roll my eyes, rude much. "Thanks Stiles." I say while walking away as the bell rings. "Wait no! Ryleigh! I'm sorry!" he yells after me.

I head over to my first period which is Math, while the rest of my friends have English. I'm sitting in class listening to the teacher go on and on about things I already learned when my phone goes off when I get a text.

(A/N text messages are italicized)

Unknown:

Hello Faerynn it's been a long time.

Ryleigh

Who is this? Also the names Ryleigh

Unknown

Don't tell me you forgot about me love, and you will always be Faerynn to me.

Son of a... there is only one person I have ever met in my life that has ever called me that.

Ryleigh

Klaus????

Klaus

There we go love, and what happened to Nik?

Ryleigh

I haven't seen Nik in almost 100 years. What do you want Klaus?

Klaus

No need to be rude love, anyway I heard of some recent animal attacks in the small town of Forks, Washington.

Ryleigh

Ok? What does that have to do with me

Klaus

They aren't animal attacks love. They're vampire attacks, and it's the same vampire that attacked you.

Ryleigh

Son of a bitch. Are you sure?

Klaus

Positive.

Ryleigh

I'm going, wait, why are you telling me this Klaus after all these years of not contact? I thought you were all dead.

Klaus

We left to keep you safe, love. Just because we stopped staying in contact doesn't mean I don't care about you, and I know how much you want your justice.

Ryleigh

Thank you, but I'm still mad at all of you.

Klaus

We know, and I will do everything I can to make it up to you. For starters, after you get your justice, go back home to Mystic Falls.

Ryleigh

Why would I ever go back there? Are you there?

Klaus

No, I am in New Orleans, but there is something in Mystic Falls that should surprise you.

Ryleigh

What is it? Tell me.

Klaus

You have to go there, and find out. Good luck and be safe.

Ryleigh

Thank you, goodbye Klaus.

Klaus

Goodbye Faerynn.