Chapter 12

I finally made it to Mystic Falls, well not quite since there's an anti-magic border I have to stay in the next town over which is Whitmore. I rented a house there because I'm not sure how long I'm staying and I need a nice place to stay since I'm pregnant and all.

I heard there was this thing happening at the corn maze so I figured I'd go and see it before I go to the cemetery.

I put on a spaghetti strap, red dress and put on my necklace with my wedding ring.

I head to the corn maze and I bump into a blonde girl.

"Sorry." She says after making sure I didn't fall.

"No problem, it was my fault I wasn't really looking." I tell her with a smile then I walk away.

I see an older looking man standing there looking out of place so I go over to talk to him.

"This doesn't really seem like your scene." I say walking up to him.

"Huh?" He questions.

"I was just saying this doesn't really look like a place you'd willingly come to." I say.

"Yeah, I'm more of a chaperone I know a few kids that go to Whitmore, I teach there. What are you doing here?" He laughs.

"I just moved here, so I figured I come here to see what this town does for fun, and meet some new people." I tell him

"Oh well welcome to Whitmore, you could probably find better friends than me but I'm Ric."

"Well hey I'll take what I can get, I'm Ryleigh, but my friends call me Ry."

"So Ric, are you from here?" I ask.

"No, I'm from Mystic Falls but a bunch of us had to move out of there." He tells me.

"Really? I'm from Mystic Falls but I haven't been there in what feels like an eternity." I tell him. He looks at me suspiciously. I know he's a vampire but I guess he can't tell that I'm one too.

Just then an older woman with screams when someone with fake blood on their shirt scares her. "AHH, NOT COOL!" She yells. We both turn to see her and Ric laughs.

"Come with me you can make a new friend." I follow him as he walks up to the woman.

"Oh, Professor Bourbon. Perfect timing." She says to Ric and I laugh at the nickname.

They smile at each other. Ooh they'd be cute together.

"I imagine you see a lot worse in E.R." He says to her. Oh she's a doctor

"Everything I see there is natural. Gross, but natural. Zombies, ghosts, the undead... not cool." She says and I laugh.

She looks between Ric and I confused. "Oh this is Ryleigh she just moved here and she needs friends." Ric tells her.