The Face Behind the Mask

Tommy sat there in Logstedshire underneath his white tent, looking at the sunset. He smiled as the fireplace crackled in front of him and the slight ocean breeze blew in his face. He really didn't mind exile anymore... The beach was nice and everything was going by pretty nicely. Dream had been less strict on who was able to visit, Ranboo and Ghostbur visiting most of the time to just simply hang out. Tommy let out a sigh as he pushed himself up from the floor of his tent. His arms stretched above his head as he let out a yawn, the feeling of his shoulder blades cracking making him flinch a bit. He rolled his shoulders and neck as he walked out of his tent, looking over at another tent that was set up not too far away. It was a simple green tent, mimicking the white one Tommy settled in. The blonde smiled, walking over to the tent and peered inside.

"Oh hey Tommy- Did you need something?" A voice asked as some rustling was heard within the tent. Tommy watched as Dream climbed out of the tent, his mask left on his bed. He had on a tight black long sleeved turtleneck and loose dark pants with his combat boots. Tommy got a good look at the older man's face, the rare sight never getting old since Dream never took his mask off unless he was absolutely comfortable. The male had dirty blonde hair and somewhat tan skin. One eye was a bright emerald green, seeming to reflect any light that came in contact. His other eye was milky white, a scar going right through it. Dream didn't like the scar much but Tommy through it looked absolutely badass. The older man's face was filled with freckles and his smile was absolutely contagious.

"Heya Big D! Just coming in to check on you and to just see what you're doing! The sun just set and I'm not that tired yet," Tommy said with a smile, watching as Dream sat at the edge of his bed. The older teen patted the spot next to him and Tommy raised an eyebrow, but soon understood and walked over to sit next to Dream. Tommy and Dream just sat there for a few minutes... Just enjoying the company of one another. Tommy's mind wondered, things coming into his mind only to leave a few seconds later... How did he get here? He knew how he got into exile and how his life hit a small road bump- But how did he get here specifically? Right now he was sitting next to Dream, the man who he seemed to have a never ending fight against. The man who seemed to take everything away from him... And for the first few weeks in exile that's exactly what Dream did.

Dream did nothing but burn all of his stuff, making Tommy give Dream everything valuable he owned. Tommy was so annoyed and angry that he had to go and grab new armor or new tools every single time Dream came around to visit. He had to learn how to be sneaky and learn how to hide things in places that Dream may never look. But soon that wasn't necessary... Dream stopped asking for his armor and other stuff, letting Tommy keep it all and even helped him upgrade his stuff. Dream even helped Tommy and Ghostbur build things around Logdestedshire. Soon Tommy got used to seeing Dream running around the area, sometimes only being there for a few minutes and sometimes staying with Tommy for days. They all agreed to build Dream a tent for the days he stayed with Tommy and it's been a normal thing ever since. Dream kinda just moved in with Tommy, giving the boy company and helping him out wherever he could. He would even help Tommy with his nightmares and the bad thoughts that haunted him. It was so sudden even Ghostbur found it kinda weird. But they never asked Dream about it, Dream now having stayed with Tommy for a good two months now...

Tommy totally forgot about questioning why the older blonde was staying with him...

"Question for you Dream," Tommy said, making the older jump a bit. Dream wasn't really expecting Tommy to say anything- So he took a few seconds to ground himself before answering Tommy with a hum. Tommy took in a deep breath, looking up at the now starry night sky. "Why did you ever start staying here with me in Logstedshire-? I haven't seen you go home once to L'manburg and the Dream SMP... Not that I don't like your company or anything! I'm just wondering why you're staying here when you've got a home back on the other side of that portal... George and Sapnap are probably looking for you ya know? You've been here for a few months now" Tommy said as his eyes wandered to the nether portal that they had built right at the edge of the treeline leading into the forest.