The Other Half

The next morning Tubbo, Ranboo, and Fundy walked around L'manburg to see what everyone was doing. They saw Niki and Puffy working on their flower shop and watched as Punz chased Sam though an open area nearby. Philza was looking out from the window of his house, L'manburg stretching out before him. When Tubbo saw the blonde man his eyes immediately stared at the ground so he didn't have to look Philza in the eyes. He didn't want to see if Philza had a happy look on his face or a disappointed one. But Tubbo knew that Philza was wearing an enchanted helmet... The helmet that was specifically crafted to make sure the man couldn't go anywhere other than his house. The three teens were planning on visiting Bad and Skeppy first, the two being the same age as Philza. After that maybe they would stop by and see people like Puffy or maybe even Sam. The three were just determined to get answers and help Tubbo find out where his family went after he was adopted.

Bad and Skeppy were their best bet at the moment. They had a track record of taking in children who needed a place to stay, all of them hearing stories of when the two would take care of orphaned kids. They would even foster a few kids for a few months. Sometimes they would let the kids go and live their own lives or let the kids stay with them for the rest of their life. They even adopted the famous blaze hybrid or Sapanap years ago when he was left in the middle of the nether. That was a story that most of the SMP knew, Sapnap being one of the only ones pretty open about their family's history. Just then Tubbo's eyes looked up from the wooden path and landed on said arson teenager. Sapnap was building with George and Antfrost on the side of the path. The ebony haired teen saw Tubbo walking towards them, Sapnap waving at the three as they passed. Fundy, Ranboo, and Tubbo waved back and the three builders walked towards the president and his friends.

"Hey Sapnap! It's nice to see you around. You too, George and Antfrost... It feels like we haven't seen you in a good few weeks. Where have you two been all this time? Out adventuring with Dream and everything like you always do?" Fundy asked with a small smile and the two friends looked at each other, having a silent conversation in a matter of seconds. The three builders went rigid for a bit, pausing and looking a bit frantic. Antfrost seemed to shrink at his friend's silence, the cat hybrid shrinking a bit as his ears pinned themselves to his skull and his tail went limp behind him. Tubbo and Ranboo just watched everything unfold in front of them, not doing anything about it. Fundy also noticed the growing tension between everyone and decided to speak up again.

"Um- Are you guys ok? You went all quiet and awkward- Mind catching us up to speed?" Fundy asked and Antfrost just looked up at George and Sapnap. The cat hybrid was in no place to talk about what the two were going through. He was told about what happened between the seemingly inseparable trio. But he chose to say nothing to anyone, the hybrid wanting George and Sapnap to tell everyone at their own pace. George and Sapnap looked at each other again, having another silent conversation. Sapnap was about to step forward and speak but George was quick to put an arm out to stop him. George just shook his head at Sapnap before looking over at the three newcomers and spoke.

"Well- Um... How do we put this... Uh- Dream... He- He's gonna be gone" George said as his words dribbled off a bit, his hesitation becoming clear as day. His eyes might have been hidden by his glasses but it was clear that George was trying to avoid looking anyone in the eyes. But Sapnap just put his arm in front of the brunette, stepping forward and immediately speaking. He seemed angry and frustrated as he spoke and he stood with clenched fists and knitted eyebrows. Anger was rolling off him in waves and it honestly made Ranboo and Fundy a little scared. Also since Sapnap didn't have anything covering his eyes or face you could clearly see his black ebony eyes turn a molten lava color, small marks on his face started to glow and become more visible.

"That coward is gone and he's never coming back to L'manburg or the SMP! He ran away a few days after Tommy was exiled and we haven't seen him since. Not after we had a small chat with him before he left. None of us know where he is now," Sapnap quickly spilled and the three hybrids in front of him froze in shock- They never knew that Dream left L'manburg and the SMP permanently... They just hadn't seen him awhile and that wasn't too out of the ordinary. They were about to ask what happened between the three but they didn't seem to want to talk about it. Sapnap still had some internal rage and it still seemed like a touchy subject for George. So they completely dropped the questions, Ranboo deciding it was best to talk about something else before things got out of hand. He didn't want anyone to get hurt after weeks and maybe even months of no fighting.