Family Together

"Um... Hi?" Dream stepped out of the tent with a small awkward wave. The man might be really tall but at that moment he seemed a lot smaller now. His emerald eyes twinkled brightly in the sun, his freckles clear on his face despite all of the scars. He looked over at Tubbo, Ranboo, and Fundy with a small smile. It was a rare moment between them all... Usually Dream was either having a conversation about the government with them or just simple signing contracts. Either that or he was threatening them. Ranboo gave him a smile and waved while Fundy just smiled at the blonde happily, his tail wagging a bit. Tubbo couldn't seem to look up from the ground, just making a small sound as a hello. Dream had yet to see Sapnap and George, the two somewhat hiding behind the trio they came with.

"I- Um... It's good to see you Tubbo, Ranboo, and Fundy- If you're looking for a fight I'm really not in the mood anymore- I-I mean I'll go peacefully back to L'manburg or something but- I don't want to fight you... I don't do that anymore," Dream started but Fundy was quick to stop him. The fox was at the man's side in an instant, comforting Dream any way he could. Fundy couldn't deny that he likes Dream, finding Dream different then the rest. A good kind of different... Ranboo and Tubbo stepped back knowing Dream would probably trust Fundy more than anyone.

"Oh Dream! No! We're not here to cause any trouble. When we're done here you're more than welcome to stay here with Tommy- We just want to talk," Fundy cut him off, immediately taking Dream's hand. The blonde jumped a bit, his eyes widening at the sudden contact. Fundy cleared his throat and looked up at Dream, the taller male giving him a confused look. It kinda hurt Fundy's heart... "We're here for something else- You're not in trouble... It's just- We're here for um- Family business," Fundy explained and Dream tilted his head a bit to the side in confusion. Fundy sighed and grabbed Tubbo by the arm, pulling the boy next to him. He then nudged Tubbo a little closer to Dream, stepping back to give the two some space. Tommy was also confused, standing next to Ranboo so he could wait for an explanation.

"Pst- Ranboo- What the fuck is going on? Can you explain please?" Tommy asked as he elbowed the hybrid in the arm. Ranboo grunted a bit as he rubbed the spot Tommy hit. He didn't answer but just nodded over to Tubbo and Dream. Fundy was slowly stepping further away from the pair, trying his best to give them their own space to talk. But they didn't start any conversation, an awkward silence shared between them. "Just tell me what's going on?! They're not doing anything! What did I miss? I haven't really been allowed into L'manburg or anything recently," Tommy grumbled and Ranboo sighed as he didn't take his eyes off of Tubbo and Dream. He thought for a moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"Tommy...? Um... Has Dream ever mentioned his family while you were together? Like anything about his past? Anything stories or maybe some explanations?" Ranboo asked and Tommy took a while to think. Dream's breakdown only happened about two days ago, the image of Dream sobbing still fresh in his mind. Dream had told him things that Tommy wasn't expecting. Things that he thought he would never find out about the blonde man. Tommy didn't even know they were on that level of friendship... Tommy wouldn't have believed it... But their small hug fest a few nights ago said otherwise. He looked back at the pair then back at Ranboo.

"Now that you mention it... Yeah- A few days ago Dream told me about his dad. Not Badboyhalo but his actual dad. An asshole he was... But anyways- Other than that he said something about his mom but not much since apparently she was around. Apparently she died very early on in Dream's life so he only had his dad. He said something about having a little brother but that's Dream's thing. Why do you wanna know?" Tommy asked and Ranboo nodded over to Tubbo and Dream one more time. That's when Tommy finally put two and two together. It took awhile but Ranboo could see the light bulb shine in his head. "Wait- You mean-" Tommy stuttered and Ranboo nodded once again.

The two weren't having a conversation, Dream standing there awkwardly as he waited for Tubbo to speak. He didn't really know where this was going. Yeah he knew Tubbo. He played chess with him once and awhile, built things, and Dream even taught the young president a thing or two. But now it was like they've never met each other. It was like you just shoved two strangers together and told them to talk about their life problems. The shorter brunette was fiddling with the edge of his shirt, soon putting one hand into his pocket and his other hand in his hair. Dream was beyond confused... Even he knew that Tubbo rarely let anyone mess with his hair unless it was someone the boy really really trusted.