chapter two

"What's going on?" Olivia startled at Pin's voice behind her. She hadn't heard him approaching.

"Raven's missing and of course Mia had to be overdramatic and call the police," replied Olivia. Pin stayed quiet behind her. The police had arrived a few minutes prior, and Mia's dad was currently talking to the officer.

"They think it's a thief?" Said Pin.

"Yeah, don't suppose we would've noticed a horse thief in broad daylight," replied Olivia sarcastically. Pin huffed out a short laugh, and Olivia turned briefly to see him smiling. Her cheeks heated up slightly and she couldn't help the smile stretching on her face.

"It must've been a gang," they overheard Mia's father say. "It'd take at least four men, four big men to control that horse. He's utterly wild."

Just as the words were out of his mouth, Zoe strolled in, easily leading Raven with her. Sam and Marcus slowly followed behind her. Olivia's mouth hung slightly in disbelief, but mostly excitement. She had a feeling she'd be seeing a lot more of Zoe from now on.

"Who is that?" Asked Pin, still behind Olivia. He sounded impressed, and Olivia tried to not let it get to her.

"Zoe, she's just arrived on the island, she's staying at her grandfather's house this summer," explained Olivia.

"Okay everyone! Show's over, get back to work," said Sam.

"See you later," Olivia said to Pin as she headed over to Zoe. She didn't hear his reply if there was one.

"I'm okay I just really need to find my sister," Olivia heard from Zoe as she approached the girl.

"My offer still stands if you need help," Olivia said.

"That would be great thanks," said Zoe.

"Wait, these are Rosie's!" Said Zoe as she spotted and picked up a pair of small baby pink sunglasses. "She's not put there, she's in here! Somewhere."

"We'll help you look, we know all the best hiding places around here," said Jade.

Sam thanked them and headed out. As Becky and Jade started talking to Zoe, Olivia spotted Pin from afar. Call her cliche, but she couldn't look away from him. How could anyone be so perfect? she thought to herself.

"Hello? Earth to Olivia?" Said Jade as she snapped in front of Olivia's face, effectively, well, snapping her back to reality.

Once she realized she had been caught staring, Olivia reddened, and Jade and Becky laughed.

"Pin and Olivia sitting in a tree—" started Becky, but Olivia shushed her.

"As if you two aren't the same way with Marcus," she chided.

"Catch me up?" said Zoe, very likely confused about all this.

"This guy Pin, Livie is totally in love with him," said Becky.

"Becky!" Exclaimed both Jade and Olivia simultaneously. Becky got this guilty look on her face.

"Sorry," she said.

"Hey don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone, besides, it's not like I know anyone besides you three out here," said Zoe. Olivia gave her a grateful smile.

"Oh! I almost forgot, I got the best photo of you and Raven. Totally posting it," said Becky as she showed Zoe the picture.

"Mysterious Frenchwoman hypnotizes crazy horse," she suggested as a headline.

"I didn't hypnotize him," said Zoe.

"And she's not french!" Added Jade.

"Still, Raven's the wildest horse in the yard," said Becky as Jade called out for Rosie in different rooms.