chapter six

"Zoe!" Called out Olivia as she ran after Zoe. "Zoe wait!"

"Hey, you," she heard. She turned around in annoyance.

"What do you want, Mia," she asked in annoyance.

"Look, I know you and your little friends have been spying on Marcus," she said.

"What the hell are you on about?" Olivia asked, trying to get past the girl who was blocking her passage.

"I know about the camera you installed to spy on him," she said arrogantly. "I heard Zoe tell Pin about it."

"Really? Where?" Asked Olivia.

"Raven's stables, anyways, you better tell your friends to back of Marcus. If not, I'll tell him they've been recording him," threatened Mia.

"Yes, okay, I got it," said Olivia, trying to get past Mia once more. "You know, if you want me to tell them you're gonna have to let me pass." Mia rolled her eyes and moved out of the way. Olivia jogged to Raven's stables, peering inside only to find it empty.

"Come on, Zoe, where are you," she hissed under her breath. She walked back out into the open, looking around yet finding nothing. The next thing she knew, she had found her, but it was too late.

"He's in here!" She heard Zoe's voice yell. "I caught him!" Sam walked out upon hearing Zoe.

"What? Are you okay?" She asked.

"No," said Zoe as Marcus followed after Sam. "I caught Pin breaking into the medical cabinet. He's the one who's been stealing the sedatives," she told Sam. Pin walked out of the room, and Olivia ran towards them.

"I gave you a chance, this is how you repay me?" Asked Sam. Pin looked down."Get Ted," she told Marcus who had arrived behind her.

"He might be involved," he replied. Olivia almost scoffed.

"Pin... I'm sorry, but I think I'd better call the police," said Sam.

"No..." breathed out Olivia, barely a whisper. Pin looked around, his eyes briefly locking with Olivia's.

"Do it," he simply said. Sam walked off to call the police, and Pin followed after her. Olivia turned towards Zoe and gave her a harsh glare before walking off briskly.

She found Pin sitting down on the stairs at the entrance of the stables, Sam stood close to him. Olivia silently sat down next to Pin.

"I'm sorry," she whispered after a moment.

"What for?" He replied.

"I knew that Zoe suspected you I- I should have told you when I got the chance," she answered.

"Well, she was right, wasn't she," he replied bitterly.

"I'm still sorry," she repeated.

"Why? I'm a thief, I stole those sedatives, there's nobody here who should be sorry but me," he answered in an angrier tone.

"Yeah, but you're not a horse thief," she said, matter-of-factly.

"And how do you know? Why are you so sure I'm not, all the evidence turns to it," he replied now clearly angry. Was it at himself or Olivia, the girl didn't know.

"Because that's not who you are," she simply said, finally turning towards Pin. He turned towards her and looked at her for a moment, unreadable as always, before turning back forward. They stayed in silence until the police officer arrived.

"Alright, Pin," he said, approaching said boy. "You ready to go?" He asked. Pin looked up and nodded slightly. Olivia's heart broke at the look in his eyes.