chapter nine

"Hey guys, I got your text, what's up?" Olivia asked as she met up with Becky and Jade.

"Look what we found," Becky said whilst handing a riding crop over to Olivia. "It wasn't there yesterday," she added.

"We should call Zoe," said Olivia, handing it back over to Becky.

"Good idea," the latter said, as Jade took out her phone and rang Zoe.

"Hey guys, anything to report?" The girl asked when she picked up.

"We found a clue," said Becky, whilst showing the riding crop to Zoe.

"Aka, some lost property," said Jade.

"It's engraved. Looks like M something," said Becky. "What starts with M?"

"Molecularity," instantly replied Jade.

"Is that really the first word starting with M that you thought of?" Laughed Olivia.

"Or maybe M stands for Marcus?" Suggested Zoe.

"Well, it's more likely that than molecularity," joked Olivia.

"Where did you find this, Becky?" Zoe asked.

"It was here in the yard this morning. It wasn't here when I left last night," she explained.

"How's Raven doing?" Zoe asked.

"He's here, look," said Jade as she turned the camera. Olivia looked up to see Pin leading Raven somewhere. How was it possible for him to look so good doing barely anything at all? She wondered to herself. Get a grip, Olivia, she reprimanded herself as she caught herself staring.

"Wait, show me Raven again," Olivia heard as she refocused on the conversation with her friends. Jade flipped the camera once more. "You guys, look at his tail! It's braided!" Exclaimed Zoe. Olivia looked back up towards Raven to find that his tail was indeed braided.

"Thieves use braids to mark horses they're planning to steal!" Exclaimed Becky loudly.

"You said they'd come back for him, you were right," said Jade.

"We need a plan. Meet me at the cafe in half an hour. And somebody unbraid that tail," said Zoe before hanging up.

"You guys go ahead, I'll go unbraid Raven's tail and meet you guys at the entrance, okay?" Said Olivia. Her two friends nodded and Olivia took off in the direction she'd seen Pin leave.

"Hey Pin, wait up!" Olivia called out as she caught up to him. The boy turned around towards the source of the call of his name, smiling shyly when he noticed it was Olivia.

"Hi," she said breathlessly when she caught up to him.

"Hi," he answered. "Is everything okay?" He added.

"I was just wondering if you'd noticed Raven's tail was braided," Olivia said.

"Yes, I figured someone at pony camp did it," he said. Olivia shook her head.

"His tail wasn't like that when I left," she said.

"That's odd," Pin said, his expression turning to one of worry.

"I'm worried. Zoe thinks Raven is still in danger, and I can't help but agree with her," confessed Olivia as she unbraided Raven's tail.

"Why? They got Firefly already, why would they risk coming back and getting caught?" Asked Pin.

"I don't know, I've just got a bad feeling about all this," Olivia answered, as she looked back towards Pin.

"Are you alright? Something seemed wrong yesterday when you left the hack," said Olivia.