Chapter 4

Ivena
^^^^^

"Thank you, mama." I said, my voice full of gratitude.  She was moving around her schedule to take care of Mini while I go on this date. I really didn't care too much for the date. I still didn't know what Jovan's motives were.

My mama was God sent. She insisted on picking up Mini from daycare and bringing her back to her house. So, Vie was going to help me get ready and I didn't have to worry about Mini for the weekend.

I already had an idea of what I was going to wear. I knew I would be fine as fuck like always am.

Vie finally came home from work to help me do my makeup.

"Hey girl, you ready?" I asked her as she walked into my bathroom. I had a towel wrapped around my body and Vie always wanted to make me look fabulous.

"Yeah. You finna look fine." She put all her weight on one hip and snapped. She starting doing my makeup and it was looking beautiful. She blended 3 different shades of red on my eyelids. She out red lipstick on my lips and did my edges too.

"Do you think you really like this guy?" She asked me curiously.

"I don't know. I'm refraining from putting my feelings into this. I don't know what his motives are and I don't want to get too invested for nothing." I explained.

"Yeah. I know you really don't trust anybody but me and mama. Just make sure Amina is first priority." She reminded and I already knew. She finished up my makeup and I out on the red dress I planned to wear.

It was a thin strapped dress with ruffles. It stopped mid thigh and my ass looked nice in it. I was a little excited because I hadn't been on a date in years.

I put on clear heels and headed for the door.  I drove up to the fancy restaurant and sat at the table and waited for Jovan. I was a little early so I just ordered myself a water.

30 minutes passed and Jovan was still not here. I tried to think positivebut it wasn't working. What's the excuse for pleading for date and then flaking? Exactly.

I texted him to ask him where he was and got no response. This nigga got me fucked up.

Luckily, I brought money with me for disappointig niggas like this. I paid for my water and stormed out the restaurant. I was heated as fuck.

He begged me for this date and couldn't even come. If I actually cared I would cry. I was glad I didn't trust him yet because he already lost all my trust. I bothered my mom to watch Mini for this nigga to not even make it. I deleted his number from my phone. Didn't have time for that.

I gripped the steering wheel as I tried not get too upset. He didn't care about anybody but himself. The worst part was, I got all dressed up. I even did my makeup. That was the shit that made me cry. I was looking for a good time and got the exact opposite.

This made me miss Amina's dad. We used to go out and  we'd get all dressed up for our dates. He would buy me a bouquet every date.

I hated thinking about Don. He was the only one I trusted and he let me down too. Niggas ain't shit.

----

I spent most of my weekend just watching TV. I didn't have Mini this weekend and I wish I did. I would always hang out with her and play games with her on the weekends. That was the only days I didn't have work.

I didn't even bother to think about Jovan. I had barely remembered I even got stood up on a date. I'm lying but who the fuck cares?

Vieala had been hanging out with me because she felt bad for me but I really didn't care.I didn't want her pity

But, today was Monday. I had to go back to work and face Jovan. He was the last person I wanted to see and it was going to feel like he was the only person I was gonna see.

Entering the store, I could feel Jovan's eyes on me but I didn't care. I was going to make sure the renovations were on track to be done by the date scheduled.

The store was really slow and I stood there for 30 minutes before realizing people weren't coming in as much. Faster than I thought, it was lunch time and that nap was about to hit.

I sat on chair in the corner and out my head on the table. This fucking nap never lasts long.

"Ivena, you can't pick up a phone?" He asked as he handed me my food. I snatched the food out his hand.

"Nigga, I did pick up a phone. I texted you and you flaked on me for our date. Fuck you, whole heartedly." I fake smiled.

"I'm sorry. If you had saw my text, I got caught up in a meeting and couldn't make it."

"Please shut up. You sound dumb. Also, I didn't see your text because I deleted your number. I blocked messages and phone calls from unsaved numbers." I rolled my eyes.

"You're so petty." He laughed.

"That's not petty. I'm just not gonna trust you anymore." I shrugged.

"C'mon Iva, I'll make it up to you." He made an empty promise.

"You're so inconsiderate, you know that? You don't know what I had going on and I made time for you. You stood me up like a bitch." I let my mouth run.

"Now, what you're not gonna do is call me a bitch. I apologize for standing you up and no matter what, it won't happen again." He stood to his feet, towering over me.

"It will most definitely not happen again because you won't get another chance." I scoffed.

"Ivena."

"Jovan." I rolled my neck.

"You're so fucking rude." He laughed and I scrunched up my face.

"You don't even know me. Shut the fuck up." I waved him off. This nigga laughing in my face as if I won't beat his ass.

"You're so annoying, go away." I shooed him but he stayed right where he was.

"Only if you let me pick you up tonight."

"No." I said with no hesitation. "I'm not getting all dressed up to be waiting in my house." I continued.

"Iva, I promise you. I'm going to be there by 8, sharp." He spoke sternly.

"Fine, but my daughter is coming with us." I wanted to see how he would react.

"You have a child?" He knitted his eyebrows.

"Is that a problem?"

"No, I just didn't know."

"I don't tell random strangers my business. Also, we're
gonna need to be back the latest at 11. My baby gets tired." I tried to scare him away.

"Alright, cool." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't trying to bring Mini but now I said all that and he didn't back off. I guess it was a good idea to bring her because she always knows who gives off bad vibes and shit. I just didn't want to introduce her to somebody she'd probably never see again.