Chapter 38

Ivena
^^^^^

Rushing into the hospital, I was seeing double as I walked up to the front desk.

"My daughter. Um, Amina Bullard. Where is she?" I spoke quickly and the lady smiled small.

"Okay, she's in room 210. She's in the room waiting for you." She told me and I walked quickly and Jovan stood outside the room.

"Iva, I-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I trusted you with my daughter and you let her get hurt! Don't you ever get near me or even my family. Just go."

"Babe, just please listen to me." He spoke softly and I shook my head.

"We're done. We're over. I can't do this." Tears filled up in my eyes as I looked away from him.

"That's how you feel?" He asked me and I slowly nodded.

"Just go." I told him before I walked into room 210. I saw Mini on the bed with dried tears on her face. The doctor was trying to cheer her up with puppets but she wasn't having it.

"Mama's here." I hugged her and she didn't hug me back. She instead jerked back and looked at me with hurt. I then noticed the sling on her arm. I furrowed my eyebrows then looked to the doctor.

"Ms. Bullard, Amina has a fractured arm. Her left arm needs a cast. We will put her in this sling and come back in 2 weeks for the cast. She will have the cast on for 3 months." Everything else he was saying was a blur.

"Wait what?" I interrupt.

"It's a small fracture." He assured and I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" Tears weld up in my eyes. The last thing on my mind was Mini breaking her arm.

"I'm positive, Ms. Bullard." I continued to tune out whatever else he was telling me.

Not only was she hurt but her arm was broken. I feel as if I failed her as a mother. I was supposed to protect her and I let her get hurt.

I am a failure.

"You guys are free to go." Was the last thing I heard and I nodded. I carefully picked Mini up and carried her out.

"Where's Jovan?" She whined and I tried nott o cry in front of her.

"He's not here, babes."

The lady at the front desk checked Mini out and we left. I had told Vie everything and she didn't seem to be as upset as I was.

We were back at home now and Mini was asleep after a while of being uncomfortable.

"I'm so sorry. I know you opened your heart to him. But, did you even ask what really happened?" Vie asked.

"No, she broke her fucking arm on Jovan's watch. Ain't much to talk about." I dismissed whatever she was saying.

"But you haven't even heard what really happened."

"I don't give a fuck what happened. You were the same one telling me to be cautious of this relationship. Just stay out of it." I snapped at her. She slowly got up and left my room.

I cried in my hands for almost an hour. I let someone hurt my daughter. This is all my fault. I felt so guilty that I let this happen to her. I should've never let Jovan into our lives.

-----

Jovan
^^^^^

"Bro, just tell me what happened." Byron begged. He wanted to go to Iva's place and I told him no.

"Mini broke her arm." I mumbled but I guess he still heard me.

"Oh." He went quiet and slowly left the kitchen.

I felt like shit right now. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Mini hurt herself on my watch and I lose Iva in the same day. I keep replaying this whole day I my head, trying to figure out what I could've done differently so that this shit wouldn't happen.

This was the last thing I wanted to happen.

I don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to apologize so soon but I don't want to go too long without apologizing.

I don't want her to hate me.

I told Amina to sit down so she wouldn't get hurt. It's not like I just didn't care about whatever happened to her. It's not like I didn't care.

But, Iva wasn't tryning to hear any of what I had to say. I felt like she was just waiting for me to fuck up.