Chapter 32

Byron
^^^^^

"Are you sure she won't be mad at us?" I asked as I pulled up to Shania's house.

"Even if she will, we need to make sure she's good." Vie spoke as she looked out the window.

"Yeah, let's go." Iva unbuckled her seatbelt and we all exited the car.

We walked up the her house and I rang the doorbell multiple times before she opened the door. Her eyes were red and she had bags under them. She was wearing a big hoodie and sweats.

"Shania, baby, are you okay?" Vie took a step towards her and Shania covered her mouth and ran into her house. We followed her inside and she was throwing up in the trash can.

I rubbed her back as she confused to throw up. She came up slowly and fell to the floor.

"Shania, what's going on?" I bent down in front of her and held her hands.

"I'm pregnant." She spoke barely above a whisper. Tears kept falling from her eyes and Vie and Iva sat on the floor with her.

"Babes, how did this happen?" Iva asked and Shania started bawling.

"I-I went to a party and this guy, he raped me and now I'm here." She cried. My heart hurt for her. She didn't deserve this at all.

"Shania, you have options. You can give the baby up for adoption, you can abort it, or you can keep it." Vie rubbed her shoulder.

I was upset about all of this. Shania doesn't do shit to nobody and everyone just keeps hurting her. If I ever saw the nigga who raped her,  I'll kill him where he stands.

"I don't want to give it up. I want to keep it." She de died and we all looked at her with a 'are you sure' face.

"Are you sure? You don't have to." Iva added.

"I want to. I don't want to raise it. I'll give it up for adoption. He or she deserves a real chance at life." She wiped her eyes.

"Okay, then that's how we'll handle it." Vie comforted her.

"When did you find out you were pregnant?" I asked her.

"About a week and a half ago." She whispered.

"You need a doctor's appointment. I'll make you one with my Ob/GYN." Vie states and Shania nodded.

I had to walk out. I was angry I let this happen to her. She shouldn't have to go through this. None of this shit is her fault but she has to deal with it.

I slammed the door behind me as I sat on the porch.

"Fuck!" I screamed out in frustration. I wanted to kill the nigga who did that to her. I balled up my fist in anger.

I heard the door open and Vie sat next to me on the concrete porch.

"Byron, I know you're upset right now but Shania needs to be comforted right now. We need to help her. So can you please come back inside?" Vie put her arm around my shoulder. I sat there in silence for a while, trying to calm myself down.

"Alright." I finally spoke up, releasing my fists. We both went back inside to and Shania was throwing up again.

"Shania, do you want us to take you to the hospital? For a rape kit." Iva offered and Shania shook her head quickly.

"No, I don't want to. I don't feel pain I just want to be left alone."

"Okay. Where are you gonna stay? Because you can't stay here we have to take care of you."

"She can stay with us." I suggested. This was the least I could do for her.

"Is Jovan gonna be okay with that?" Shania asked and I shrugged.

"We'll figure it out when we get there."

We all packed her essential things in a duffle bag she had and took her into the car. She wasn't throwing up anymore but she looked really sick.

I was about to throw up myself. My stomach was turning myself, thinking about someone having there way with my best friend. That nigga had to die.

I'll be damned if that nigga walked free.

Pulling up to the house, I hoped Jovan wouldn't be mad. We have to take care of her and make sure she's okay. He was surpringly home and I took a deep breath.

Vie and Iva helped her out the car while I carried her duffle bag. I unlocked the door and Jovan was in the kitchen.

"Jovan, we need to talk." I rushed into the kitchen as Vie and Iva came behind me.

"Baby, Shania needs to stay here. She's pregnant and she was raped. We need to take care of her. She has no one else." Iva explained and Jovan just stared at us.

"Byron-"

"Jovan, please." I basically begged. Iva and Vie left the kitchen to make sure Shania was okay.

"If that was Naomie we'd go to hell for her. That nigga has to die." I reasoned and he nodded.

"Who's gonna raise that child, Byron? You?"

"Nah, she's putting the baby up for adoption when he or she is born." I explained.

"Jovan, we have to find that nigga. He's a dead nigga.".

"I'll handle it."  We both walked out the kitchen. I knew he didn't want me to get involved especially because he  never wanted me doing that shit and I had a great future in front of me now.

"Shania, do you remember what the nigga looked like?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, he had long curls and he was lightskin. He has a scar on his cheek." She told us and I instantly knew who it was.

"Wes. It was Wes." I thought out loud. He was one of the drug dealers I used hang around and he fit the description.

"You know where he live?" Jovan asked and I nodded.

"Aight. I'm gonna handle it." Jovan pulled out his phone and started calling somebody.

"Yo, we have a code red." He said into the phone then hung up. I already knew what was gonna happen. That nigga was finna die.

"I'll see y'all later." He kissed Iva's head and I gave him the address.

"Be safe." Iva warned and he nodded.

"I'm gonna be just fine."