03 » Direction Unknown

❝We always knew that it'd come to this
It's times like these I forget what I miss
Matters of heart are hard to address
Especially when yours is full of emptinessAnd It's quite alright and goodbye for now.❞

-Sum 41, So Long Goodbye

A thud could be heard through the night, and Iris woke with a start, looking over at the other girls and seeing that they were still asleep. Iris grabbed her invisibility cloak along with The Marauders Map that she had managed to slip away from James when he was sleeping. Iris pointed her 13 inch wand at the map and whispered "I solumly swear I am up to no good."

She watched as ink spread across the page revealing the heartwarming message on the front "Moony, Beau, Padfoot & Prongs are proud to present The Marauders Map." Iris then got herself under her invisibility cloak and looked down at the map, revealing the name "Fortella Partsy" A third year Slytherin that has been looking extra sketchy for the last couple of days.

Iris was following the map to Slughorns dangerous potions cabinet in his classroom. Once she arrived she heard a bottle smash, making her jump and the cloak falling off of her "Nox" Iris whispered, using the Lumos counter-spell and extinguishing the string of light coming from her wand. She walked into Slughorns classroom and looked around the corner at the cabinet revealing Fortella Partsy...And she looked like a Gorgon..

Fortella snapped her head Iris' and she acted fast, running around the corner and making sure not to look at her. Iris could hear Fortel- The Gorgon growling and hissing from around the corner and she sped to Dumbledores office.

"Lemon Drops!" Iris all but yelled and she flung herself up the stairs, the hairs standing up on the back of her neck as she heard "Iris dear! I want to play a game!" Come from the monstress. Iris finally got to Dumbledores door and didn't even bother to knock, swinging it open and closing it and locking it behind her.

"What is wrong Miss Evans?" Dumbledore spoke from his desk while fixating his eyes on Iris' quiving form through his half-moon spectacles. "Fortella is- is a G-Gorgon! I saw her in Slughorns potions cabinet!" Iris stammered as she heard the hissing again. Apparently Albus heard it too because he got up, his chair flying backwards and apparated them both to the Gryffindor Common Room. "Miss Evans, you have to get all of the people you care about to the Great Hall this instant alright? Go." Dumbledore commanded sending Iris scrambling up the stairs to the boys dormitories. Iris slammed her fist on the oak wood doors, hoping and praying they would hear and get up. After atleast two minutes of knocking the door swung open, revealing a shirtless James Potter. Normally, Iris would be as red as a tomato about now but she was to terrified to even care. "James, get Remus and Sirius up and dressed now please and wait for me by the stairs! Go!" Iris shouted as she ran down the stairs and went to the girls dormitory, bursting in and waking all the girls up in her dorm "Get dressed and meet me by the stairs. Now. No time to explain." Once everyone was by the stairs Iris was ready to have a mental breakdown but she kept instructing, telling them they had to go to the Great Hall quickly.

They all arrived at the Great Hall to be greeted by the rest of the houses, including their own. Every single house was buzzing with fear and confusion. Until Dumbledore started talking..

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We have made a discovery that a Gorgon has been sighted at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore informed "Therefore, we will all be resting in the Great Hall for the night, so pick the sleeping bag of your choice and sleep. Goodnight students." He added and everyone started scrambling for a bag. Iris picked one inbetween Prongs and Moony, knowing she had no chance of sleeping after what she had witnessed.

Then, Iris got ready for a sleepless night of her very own haunting memories.