07 » Dead and Gone

07 » Dead and Gone

❝Not gonna miss you when you're dead and gone
Not gonna talk about you over and over and over
Not gonna file you under latest nostalgia
Or happily ever after

You're not a hero, you're a liar
You're not a savior, you're a vampire
Sucking the life out of all the friends you've ever known
You're just a train wreck, not a winner
Up on your soapbox, preaching down to the sinners
The saints without a cause
We're not listening
We're not listening
I'm gonna start a revolution
Of convoluted disillusion
(Start a revolution)
I'll lead a war with no conclusion
And in my final hour, I'll be a confident coward❞

-All Time Low, Heroes

The Ministry was calling off the case about a week after Iris was taken. No one had any clues, evidence or traces of where she was whisked off to, not even with magic. The Marauders had been angry, most were so blinded by anger and grief that they didn't even notice Lily getting more jumpy and pale over the days. One Marauder had though, they had noticed how Lily hardly slept or ate or how she would always jump at a door closing. That Marauder was James Potter. He had usually spent a great amount of time fawning over her anyways like a complete twit but he now just noticed her skittish behavior. James was becoming obsessed with the idea of anyone and everyone being the mastermind of the disappearance of Iris. He was becoming mad.

Lily didn't even notice she was being obvious until she caught James watching her more then usual. She then realized that if she wanted to keep her dirty little secret that she would have to lay low, pretend not to know anything and act innocent. Although, everyone knew that lying wasn't exactly a strong point for the bubbly, shallow ginger. However, Lily knew that if she wanted to keep her rank she would have to step up her cold skills and be emotionless and not guilty.

Sirius was mad at the Ministry, mad at whoever kidnapped Iris and mad at himself. He blamed himself for Iris' disappearance and wouldn't let anyone tell him different. Teachers and the Potters were getting concerned about his sudden flashes of repressed anger but brushed it off. Mrs and Mr Potter were worried when Sirius stop communicating with them and soon planned to contact James about it, who was still answering his mail (although it wasn't as often).

Remus was in solitude. He buried himself in so many major piles of books and extra credit homework that he would hardly leave his dorm to play pranks and actually laugh. Moony was taking the case so hard that he would even punish himself for not being there for her. Remus wished he could get his friend back but decided to hide with his tail in between his legs while everyone else was going mad.

Iris was at her breaking point. The voice was taunting her everyday and every night, from dusk til dawn. It was almost as if it was testing her will and mental abilities. Although she was trying hard to keep breathing and hold on, she was starting to drown in the dark swirling waters of her mind and she didn't know how to escape.

She needed someone to save her from the always turning maze but could anyone stop being such a coward and come save her?