Hold On ~ Kam

A/N: well, shit. i forgot to publish this. anyways, i'm not paying for the extensive amount of tissue boxes you guys are about to need. seriously, i only have like three dollars. too much anime merch? maybe. this oneshot is based on the song hold on, by chord overstreet. anyways, on with the sadness!

lovin' and fightin', accusin', denyin'

tam screamed at keefe. keefe burst into tears and ran off, leaving tam to follow, he himself now crying, and yell that he was so so sorry and to please not do that again.

i can't imagine a world with you gone

tam followed keefe up three flights of stairs, only losing him when keefe ducked into a side room.

the joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of

tam sobbed harder, banging on the locked door. keefe didn't answer.

i'd be so lost if you left me alone

'keefe!' tam sobbed. 'open the goddamn door! please!

locked yourself in the bathroom

tam tried again and again to get keefe to open the door. finally, tam decided.

lyin' on the floor when i break through

he smashed the door down with telekinesis and saw keefe, lying bloody in the middle of the room. tam screamed.

i pull you in and feel your heartbeat

tam hugged keefe close to him, not caring that his clothes would be red and crusted later on.

can you hear me screamin' 'please don't leave me'

'please don't leave me!' tam pleaded through his tears as he grabbed his imparter with a sticky red hand.

hold on i still want you

tam sobbed into keefe's shoulder as he awkwardly carried the larger boy towards the vortinator, forgetting about telekinesis in his panic.

come back i still need you

tam's whole face was red and sticky with blood that wasn't his. his tears washed some of it away, but he didn't bother trying to clean his face when he knew there would be more blood on it immediately.

let me take your hand, i'll make it right

tam gripped keefe's hand beneath the blood as he stepped onto the vortinator. his heart was pounding in his ears.

i swear to love you all my life

'keefe, if you wake up, i promise i'll love you forever!' tam cried. 'i'll always love you, and never shout at you again, and never leave you...'

hold on, i still need you

the vortinator started spinning.

a long endless highway, you're silent beside me

even though tam knew it was only a few seconds, the ride to the first floor felt like it was endless. keefe was still silent, slumped over onto tam's shoulder as tam tried desperately to support him.

drivin' a nightmare i can't escape from

as tam ran with keefe to the pathfinder - finally remembering his telekinesis and floating keefe a few inches off the ground - he tried to tell himself it was a dream. just a bad dream. and that he'd wake up soon, with his beautiful boyfriend beside him.

helplessly prayin', the light isn't fadin'

he prayed as hard as he could for it to be a dream. but he didn't wake up. the light flashing through the windows didn't disappear, tam didn't wake up in his room in the dark.

hidin' the shock and the chill in my bones

he tried to be strong, even though keefe couldn't see him. but it didn't work. he raised the crystal and leaped away.

they took you away on a table

tam cried as elwin took keefe into a back room, allowing tam to come with him.

i pace back and forth as you lay still

tam walked around and around the small room as bullhorn screeched his head off.

they pull you in and feel your heartbeat

elwin hooked up heart rate monitoring devices - more advanced than human ones, sophie had said - so he could hear how keefe was doing.

can you hear me screamin', 'please don't leave me'

tam cried out in sadness again, begging keefe to not leave him.

hold on, i still want you

he grabbed keefe's hand and sat down on the bed next to the bloody boy.

come back i still need you

he begged for keefe to wake up, to come back, anything. he even pressed a kiss to keefe's lips, but nothing helped.

let me take your hand, i'll make it right

he squeezed keefe's hand so tight it almost cut off the circulation, but keefe didn't even flinch.

i swear to love you all my life

'don't die on me, keefe, please! i'll love you forever, i swear!'

hold on, i still need you

'i need you in my life, keefe! please! hold on!'

i don't wanna let go

tam couldn't let keefe go, but when bullhorn curled up beside keefe, he knew it was almost too late.

i know i'm not that strong

no, it wasn't that he couldn't - he could, he just wasn't strong enough to live without keefe, the love of his life.

i just wanna hear you

'speak,' tam begged the silent form on the bed. 'say anything! please!'

sayin' 'baby let's go home'

'do you want to go home, keefe? back to our house? if so, then wake up and tell me!'

'let's go home'

'please, tell me. tell me it's time to go home.'

yeah i just wanna take you home

'i just want to take you back home again, keefe. please, please, please wake up.' tam was silent as he listened to the machines.

hold on i still want you

ba-beep. ba-beep. ba-beep. ba-beep. ba-beep.

come back i still need you

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

A/N: ... please don't murder me. i swear the next one will be more happy. i'm sorry okay!