Hi, I'm Smart ~ Keefitz

a human au. i was watching r/iamverysmart in the background, so that's where this came from. also: i don't think this is technically fluff, but i couldn't think of any actual fluff, so ya got this. you're welcome.

fitz vacker was the smartest person in his math class.

but a close second?

keefe sencen.

and fuck, was he hot.

yes, this hurt me to write. you guys wanted it thoughhhhhhhhh.

fitz couldn't help the fact that he liked keefe. he really couldn't. it didn't help that keefe was always getting up to work problems on the board. it gave fitz a reason to stare at him though. sometimes, fitz didn't answer a question so keefe could have another moment to be proud of.

despite being the top people in the class, fitz had never had an in-person interaction with keefe.

until the project.

keefe and fitz were assigned together. so, after class, they met up in the hallway, halfway on accident.

the accident half from fitz.

he felt a hand on his shoulder and whirled around.

'hey,' keefe said. 'we're partners, right? i'm keefe.'

'uh-'

fitz went into gay panic mode. he tried to respond.

maybe he should've just run.

'hi,' fitz said, sure his face was tomato red. 'uh- um- i'm smart. fitz! i'm fitz, and i am smart, but my name is fitz, not smart, and i'm ga- shit, no. ugh. i should be quiet. keefe, tell me to be quiet.'

keefe rested his elbow on an imaginary table and placed his chin on his hand. 'no. tell me more.'

fitz turned even redder. 'uh- no. no thank you.'

'come onnnnnn.' keefe made an exaggerated pouting face. 'you're what? your name is fitz, not smart, and you're what?'

'not going to tell you,' fitz announced.

'well, okay then. anyways, can i have your number? so i can contact you about the project?'

'uh-' fitz fumbled with his wallet for his personal homemade business card (he ran an unofficial math tutoring club). as he started pulling it out, keefe looked at him seriously.

'i swear, if you hand me that card, i'm gonna kiss you. like, right now.'

fitz had thought he couldn't turn any redder.

he was wrong.

he was so fucking wrong.

but he decided to shoot his shot, fumbling the business card the rest of the way out of his wallet and handing it to keefe.

keefe smirked. 'going for it, eh? well, i am a man of my word.'

and he was.