Drawings ~ Jenlie

this ship name was created by me and is the ship between wylie and jensi. thanks for coming to read my crappy fanfiction with a probably self-created ship.

wylie was sketching.

he had sketched many things, but currently he was doing all of his friends as the opposite gender. specifically, at that moment, he was drawing jensi.

everyone had come out better than he had expected.

the first one he had done was keefe. keefe, or kalile, had long ringlets. kalile was wearing a blue tube top that matched her eyes and gray jean shorts with ragged bottoms. in a splash of inspiration, wylie had used watercolors to loosely paint kalile's ringlets over with rainbow.

next, he had done tam. but he had done tam before.

before tam was tam.

when tam was still tamilla (which was, inexplicably, pronounced like 'tortilla').

wylie had perfectly drawn what tam looked like after tam came out as trans, a few weeks after wylie had drawn the picture. he had an extra large black hoodie on, with one hand in the pocket and the other on his hip, showing how the sleeves went down a few inches past his fingertips. his hair was blue, pink, and white (colored after he came out).

then linh as lyle. wylie had sketched lyle the same as tam, but with black, grey, white, and purple hair.

sophie. called, simply, foster. short, styled hair. white t-shirt, maroon jeans. foster's hair was pink, yellow, and blue.

next, dex as adele (pronounced 'a deli'). adele was wearing a lavender cropped sweatshirt, the sleeves of which fell halfway down her hands, and a short magenta skirt. her hair was pink, purple, and blue.

and now, wylie was on jensi. he had named the girl jensi jenlie, writing the name in his loopy handwriting at the top of the page. currently, he had drawn jenlie's hair (chin-length and yet to be colored), a tube top (also yet to be colored), and the vague shape of the rest of her body. he had just finished sketching jenlie's face when he heard a voice above him.

'what're you drawing?'

wylie, quickly and instinctively, covered his drawing with one hand. he uncovered it again when he saw it was jensi (the boy had a right to see a drawing of himself, after all).

'jenlie,' jensi read from the top of the page. 'me as a girl?'

'yeah,' wylie said. 'it's not finished yet. i've done the others as opposite genders, too.'

after wylie flipped through the other pictures, jensi said, 'what color will my hair be?'

'i don't know,' wylie responded. 'what color do you want it to be?'

jensi thought for a second, then smiled widely. 'do mine rainbow, too. that is the gay pride flag, right?'

wylie nodded, then paused. 'wait. you're-'

'gay. and you're the first one i've come out to. want to know why?'

'why?' wylie asked, cursing his stupid heart. jensi's younger than me. three years.

but his heart wouldn't stop beating faster and faster as jensi sat down beside him and leaned in to whisper in wylie's ear.

'because i like you, you idiot.'

then jensi cupped wylie's head in his hands and turned it so that they were looking at each other.

and, without thinking, wylie leaned in to kiss jensi.

and it was perfect.

jensi's lips tasted sweeter than anything wylie had ever tasted before, sweeter than mallowmelt, and he couldn't get enough.

jensi pulled away from him and smiled widely again. 'well, that went better than expected. care to do it again?'

that was shorter than i expected but less crappy. if anyone's interested in drawing the pictures mentioned, go ahead. i'd love to see that, too. i tried to do kalile but it came out looking terrible, so i didn't try the rest. uh my mom's coming, so i'll do more later. see you on the flip side 👌!