Chapter 3

A couple days went by. It was early in the morning. Izzie and George were unpacking their stuff and making quite a lot of noise.

"If you wake up my daughter." Meredith started.

"I will kick you both out of my house just as quickly as I let you live here."

"Sorry." George and Izzie said.

A little bit later, Meredith went up to Erica's room. "Erica, time to get up." She said. Erica groaned. "You need to get up or you'll be late for school." Meredith said. "And I can't be late for work."

"Fine. I'm up." Erica said.

"Get dressed." Meredith said. Erica nodded. Meredith walked out of the room and Erica started to get dressed. She then put her hair up and put her converses on.

Once Erica finished getting ready, she headed downstairs to the kitchen

Once Erica finished getting ready, she headed downstairs to the kitchen. She grabbed a pop tart from the pantry and sat at the table.

"Good morning, Erica." George greeted as he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." Erica said.

"I like your pink hair." Izzie complimented Erica.

"Thank you." Erica said. "My Mom let me get done after we moved here."

"Well, it's very cool." Izzie said. (If you want a reference, look at the cover picture.)

"Erica." Meredith started. "Since you don't like hanging out in the daycare, I got you this." She handed Erica a small flip phone.

"You got me a phone?" Erica asked.

"I don't care if you hang out in the daycare or not." Meredith said. "But, I need a way to get a hold of you so I know where you are."

"Ok." Erica said as she took the phone.

"Try not to lose it." Meredith said.

"I won't lose it." Erica said. "So, my friend asked me to hang out after school today."

"Your friend?" Meredith asked.

"Jamie." Erica replied.

"Oh. Ok." Meredith said. "That's fine."

"Thanks Mom." Erica said.

"Come on. Let's get you to school." Meredith said.

"Bye Erica." Izzie said.

"Bye guys." Erica said. She picked up her bag and followed her mom. They got in the car and Meredith drove to the school.

"Have a good day at school, baby." Meredith said, when they pulled up to the school. "And have fun with your friend today."

"Bye Mom." Erica said. She got out of the car and walked into the school.

After school, Erica was at her locker, packing her stuff.