Chapter 7

AN: Just letting you guys know that I'm going change back to Erica being in 6th grade instead of 9th. She'll still have a photographic memory and be somewhat of a prodigy.

Erica woke up to her alarm going off. She got out of bed and started to get dressed. She changed into a blue hoodie, jeans, and blue converses. She combed her hair out and put a headband in. Once she finished getting ready, Erica headed downstairs.

"Derek, you need to get out of here before Erica sees you." She heard her mother say. "I haven't told her about us."

Erica smirked to herself at the fact that her mother thought she didn't know her mother was dating Derek.

"Then, maybe you should get on that." Derek said. "Because I would like to meet Erica, properly."

"What do you mean properly?" Meredith asked.

"Well, I did see her in the hospital library working on homework one day." Derek replied. "I struck up a conversation with her. Why don't the three of us go out to dinner tonight."

"Let me talk to her first." Meredith said.

"Morning." Erica greeted as she walked into the kitchen.

"Erica!" Meredith exclaimed in a shocked tone. She composed herself quickly. "Good morning."

"Hi Mom." Erica said, holding in her laughter. "Hello, Dr. Shepherd."

"Hello Erica." Derek greeted.

"How are you this morning?" Meredith asked.

"Good." Erica answered, noticing the cupcakes Izzie made. "Ooh. Cupcakes. Can I have one?"

"Go ahead." Izzie said.

"That's not a very healthy breakfast." Meredith said.

"Please, Mom?" Erica asked.

"Alright." Meredith said. "But only one." Izzie gave  Erica a cupcake.

"Thanks Izzie." Erica said, sitting at the table.

"You're welcome." Izzie said.

"Don't forget your glasses today, Erica." Meredith said.

Erica groaned. She had recently found out that she needed glasses and she wasn't happy. "I'm going to get teased even more than I already am." Erica said.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry you're getting teased in school." Meredith started. "But, you need to wear them." She then handed Erica her glasses.

Erica groaned again as she took the glasses and put them on.

"They look great, Erica." Derek encouraged.

"Thank you, Dr. Shepherd." Erica said.

"Why don't you go brush your teeth and we'll get ready and go." Meredith said.

Erica nodded and went to the bathroom.

"That was nice of you to say that to her." Meredith said to Derek. "Thank you."

"See, I told you I'm great with kids." Derek said.

Meredith smiled as she stood up. "Ready Erica?" She called.

"Coming." Erica said, coming out of the bathroom.

"Let's go, then." Meredith said. "I'll meet you guys at the hospital."

"Bye." Izzie and George said.

"Have a good day at school, Erica." said Derek.

"Bye." Erica said as she slung her backpack over her shoulder and followed her outside.