Prologue

April 22 2019

Bella you got to hurry up, i won't want the surprise to be ruined because of the hours you spend dressing up, Daniela complained getting her car keys from the table all set and ready.

Sissy I'll be with you in a minute trust me, bella yelled from upstairs.
And we both know when bella says one minute she means thirty minutes, why don't we just go, don't worry we'll tell dad and mum we forgot her at home, nuela suggested and dani rolled her eyes at her.

Sister we need to be wary of nuela oo,  that's how Joseph's brother's also started by envying him, bella rushed from her room to defend herself only to rush back in with the glare she got from her eldest sister.

As if there's something to envy about you, you better hurry up with plastering your face i can't wait till forever, nuella retorted not minding her sister's warning gaze.

Some people jealous me 🎶
Some people jealous me because I'm prettier 🎶

Bella came out singing, how do i look big sis? she said referring to Dani.

Awwn, gorgeous as always, Dani cooed. 'The make up is perfect, now can we get going'

Sure, bella replied grabbing her jacket and bag.

I will not mind them 🎶
I will not mind them because they're not as pretty as me 🎶
She  continued singing as she danced towards nuella.

Just keep on dreaming, dani is deceiving you, nuella chuckled. Come on lets go she said dragging her little sister by her jacket collar.

Somebody help!, bella yelled.

Dani smiled as she locked the doors, they were all so excited to surprising their parents.

Papa!, she shouted for the gate man. 'Open the gate'

Why madam, una wan commot, he asked.

No we want to sleep, Bella retorted.

Are you okay, what kind of question is that she said open the damn gate!, nuella fired.

Ok sorry madamus, i just wan know, Papa replied running off to open the gate.

Seriously i don't get this man, Dani muttered shaking her head as she got into the car starting the engine.

Are we going in your car, nuella asked.

Obviously, Dani replied.

Oh oh, the only songs you have are songs that can make a night watch man fall asleep, she grumbled and bella busted out laughing.

Seriously, Dani chuckled. I listen to cool music.

Like hell you do, sis you listen to slow music, nuella argued.

I second that, Bella chipped in.

Fine, I'll play something else.

Nuella beamed satisfied as she attached her seat belt.

I hope everyone's with their nose mask, Dani asked.

Yes, I'm with mine, nuella answered.

Uhm give me a minute, bella said getting down.

Just say you forgot, nuella chuckled.

Come and take the keys, Dani called after her and she ran back to take it.

When will she grow up? Dani stated.

When mum gives birth to another baby of the house, nuella replied and they both laughed.
That was a mission impossible.

What are you two laughing about, Bella queried on returning.

How naughty a girl you are, nuella replied.

I'm not a girl, she countered.

Dani left the two of them arguing to speak with the gateman whose countenance she didn't like.

Sir, are you angry with the way my sister's spoke to you, she asked.

No oo, i no just like as una dey go, una just reach Lagos and u dey go out, it dey risky oo. Una neva no plenty place.

You don't have to worry we're just going to the airport to pick our parents, we'll be back in a jiffy, she said.

Jifi, Una no go use oyinbo kill me, Papa smiled. Okay oo, go come. Greet Oga and madam for me.

Sure, Dani replied with a smile. What's the essence for that. The same Oga and madam she was bringing home.

She drove in high spirit as they listened to

Brown skinned girl 🎶
her skin just like pearls 🎶
Your back against the world... 🎶

#              #                     #                  #

Sister!

Bella rushed to Dani's side. She and nuella were busy taking pictures at the arrival hall when they heard the commotion from the control tower.

Look up, that can't be mum and dad's jet, right?

Of course..not, she muttered on sighting the airplane that was twirling in the sky with all intention of crashing, quite far off but still visible.

That's dad's jet, nuella's shaky voice confirmed her fears.
'Look at the black icon'

God forbid!, Bella was already teary.

Where's my car!, Dani yelled rushing to the parking space her sisters in suit.

The cacophony around couldn't let her locate her car as people moved up and down in anxiety.

You dey go the plane spot, a taxi driver asked.

Yes, yes, they answered in unision.

Rushing in to the vehicle, not like they knew what they were going to do when they get to the crash..

No, the plane won't crash, Dani rebuked aloud.

Amen, Bella sobbed.

Gboom!

The plane crashed and the impact was hard on the ground.

The vehicle tumbled.

* Black out*