Chapter I (❤)

What the.., nuella said exasperated, she was the first to feel the water soak their mattress.

Whats going on, bella yawned getting up.

Dani opened the door to see how water got in and wasn't too surprised someone had intentionally poured water through the space beneath the door but there was no one in the passage.

Tsk! nuella hissed after taking a look and they went back in.

They cleaned the water in an awkward silence until nuella yelled.

I'm tired Dani!, we need to leave this slum and i'm going to get us out of here whatever way it is.

You will do no such thing!, dani thundered before persuading her calmly. ' i'm saving and soon it will be enough to get a better place to stay, i promise'

Stop trying too hard dani, you weren't able to save us the first time, i did and i don't mind doing it again, you should be thankful.

Nuella put on a shirt and went out.

Daniella sat down devastated and her heart hurt.

Maybe if she had made up, worn a skimpy dress, they'lld have picked her not her sister and for the umpteenth time since the incident she hated herself for who she is.

Its gonna be okay sis, it wasn't your fault, bella whispered hugging her dani and for the first time in history her sister cried in her arms.

Get yourself together else CNN wil carry this
'The big sis who cried in her little sister's arms', bella teased and dani chuckled.

Nuella deserves a beat up, bella noted in her head.

# # # #

Welluooo

I dey greet you nah, janet said out loud to nuella who passed by.

Person no sleep well, she said and gave her freind a high five as they laughed.

She go just dey form, where she neva reach like say she don pass am, kemi pressed on.

Nuella turned back abruptly, you girls did it right? you poured water into my room, she queried while they rolled their eyes.

I don't blame you, i blame life for putting me in a situation like this where i get to meet nonentities like you. And i blame your damned grandfathers for conceiving the person who conceived nuisance like you both! She fired.

Jesus! I go beat this babe i swear, janet hollered.

Your father, kemi raised her hands at nuella.

And adrenaline rushed through her as anger swelled. She felt like ripping their throats out at that insult. But she couldn't even face one of them talk more of two.

She stood her ground glaring at them as if daring them to come acting like she wasn't scared to her knees.

Make una leave the ajebo alone na, wetin she do you, tochukwu stepped in stopping the girls who were already rolling their trousers.

U know hear wen she dey insult us, janet said angrily.

Una no fit insult am back, shey na everything be fight, may una packwell jhoor, he ordered and they left still angry.

He turned only to realise nuella already left. 'Kai i still miss these babe' another time sha.

# #

Sir i assure you, i finished from oxford university and i had my masters where i majored in estate and hotel management, it is due to an accident that my resumes got burnt, Please give me a chance and you'll see how efficient and capable i am sir, Daniella pleaded.

Wow!Bravo
Too think you walked in like a responsible woman, Mr Domewell scoffed.

Excuse me, dani said befuddled.

" Excuse you, yes your lies are excused now get out of my office and go get a job where a resume wont be needed, save the lies it won't help nobody"

"I'm not liei..."

I know your types, they come around once in a while, he spat out angrily. "That's the door"

She stood up totally embarrassed and it took serious will power to utter the words she muttered before going. " Be kind not because of who they are but because of who you are"

She left Domewell's lodgings in a daze. Climbing the stairs she barely noticed the cheery receptionist wave her bye.

Out of the gates she rushed to a corner to choke in her sobs.

To think the hotel that was right fully hers was a stone throw from here yet she had no access to it.

Tears poured down but she was quick to wipe it off. 'Daniella you are a strong girl, tough times never last but tough people do'

She took a bike that dropped her straight at olokuta junction then she trekked down the dirty street road that led to her house in a sour mood, what was she going to tell her sisters.

The day had not been fruitful, she couldn't get a job in her field and the last one had been the worst.

Most of the others wanted her to sleep with them to get the job which she had politely declined, other's simply dismissed her.

But at the domewell lodgings it was plainly humiliating. The guy couldn't be more than a year older than her. Was he thinking she wanted to sleep with him to get the job? She chuckled at the mere absurdity of the thought.

Yes she could make a joke despite the situation on ground. She wasn't going to let her situation define her. Her mother always told her she was a go getter.

That interviewer at domewell lodging was extremely rude and yes she had him in mind and the day she gets all she's lost back, he'll get visited but she still learnt a thing or two from him.

1. Some guys are real jerks.
2. Get a job that doesn't need a resume.

She chuckled at her own analyzation then walked confidenty into olokuta community nur/pry school.