Chapter III❤️❤️❤️

Lundi o,Mardi o, Mercredi, Jeudi, Vendredi, Samedi, D'marche! the students chorused the dats of the week that was written on the board in a song like form .

Clap for yourselves guys, daniella said with a satisfied smiled and they clapped happily, as if on cue the bell was rung for break.

Go on, go get your food, Dani said and the seven years old rushed to grab their lunch bags.

Daniella sighed, who could have thought she could be a teacher. Teaching was still a job that needed one's resume but the head mistress, mrs oke was much nicer than the gruff hotel manager.

She had simply tested her and given her the job for which she is grateful.

The pay wasn't so much but with the extra lesson's she'll be doing and per time french teacher at another school thanks to mrs oke's influence. It will be enough monthly.
She was so scared, wondering how she could teach them in a way they will understand but when she started it just felt natural and she didn't have too try hard.

They've grown on her or maybe she just got too easily attached.

'Aunty' , daniels voice disrupted her thoughts .
Yes Dan, she smiled down at the little boy who refused calling her miss Dani or aunty Dani saying it made his name sound girlish so he simply called her 'aunty'.

You didn't bring food today, you can eat from mine, daniel stretched his food flask.

Thank you handsome, see I brought food, I'm just not eating yet, Dani said showing him her flasks.

Okay, then you should eat quick do it won't get cold, daniel continued authoritatively.

Okay sir, daniella teased but it seemed to boost his childish ego as he walked confidently back to his seat.

She chuckled, but the other students were already saying ' aunty come and eat'.

' oh thank you lovelies but I brought mine', she said finally putting her flask on her table.

It was then she noticed joys head was on her locker and she hadn't been talking.

Dani walked gently to joys seat.

Joy, she called softly and the little girl finally raised her head up to reveal teary eyes.

What happened Dani asked softly but worriedly?

Joy sneezed, cleaned her nose before finally answering.

'I have corona virus, it means I'm going to die, right?'

What! Dani exclaimed, shocked beyond words, definitely not what she expected.

All the students immediately used their nose mask, the same one they had been playing with,earlier, Dani felt the urge to laugh but composed herself.

She looked at joy and compassion swelled inside of her seeing the fear in joys eyes, she hugged her. ' You're not going to die, okay. You don't have corona virus'

' I don't', joy looked at her hoping for affirmation.

You don't, Dani assured her. A little girl can't predict she has covid 19 and really have it,right.

Who told you, you had corona virus, Dani asked.

"My mummy said i should not go near anyone who coughs and sneezes because that person has coronavirus then Yesterday I had carrtah but I did not sneeze but this morning I started coughing and sneezing, that's how I knew that I have coronavirus''

Dani was awed by joys thinking and conclusion, if she thought joy did not have covid-19 before now she knew joy did not have it.

'Did you tell your mummy or daddy?'

No, joy said desperately, mummy said when someone has covid 19 everybody will run away from the person and that's why I must always wash my hands and stay away from people who cough and sneeze so I didn't want mummy and Daddy to run away from me.

Oh dear, nobody will run away from you, Dani said but joy only had to look round her class to confirm the bluff.

All her mates were seated far away from her except for daniel who tied his nose mask well but still stayed close to miss Dani as if to hear everything from the horse's mouth.

Dani checked joys temperature' your body is hot'
She made the mistake of saying it loud and all eyes turned in joy.

No, it's not corona virus, Dani tried to quench the fear.'Have you eaten?'

No, I was scared to eat, joy replied.

That's why your body is hot, now go get your lunch box , let's go to the sick bay, I'm sure it's just cold and carrtah, you'll be given vitamin c and rob, Dani said.

Joy finally smiled and carried her lunch box maybe because of the vitamin c or the cold and carrtah.

Dani walked out of the class with joy to the sick bay, giving clear instructions for them not to make noise.

It didn't deter them, though.

Who do you think gave joy coronavirus?

Do you think the person is in our class?
They gossiped opening and closing their nose mask, looking at each other suspiciously.
They sat down giving themselves a remarkable social distance while daniel sat down quietly, meticulously writing the list of noise makers.