Chapter II(❤❤)

"Be kind not because of who they are but because of who you are" what did she even mean by that? Nimi muttered five hours later , her words recurring in his head majorly because he couldn't decipher how it related to what happened, he cancelled the rest interviews without finding a suitable person for the post of manager.

The day was indeed a very good bad day right from the argument he had with his Father that got him here in the first place to the miss motivational.

In fact it was all her fault, it was because of people like her his father forced him here. The former manager had employed the accountant without the necessary criteria and she started siphoning money from the hotel.

It was later they realised most of the female workers were employed only after having an affair with the manager.

And it was then his no nonsense father decided he had a son who could handle it.

Forgetting though, that this son also had his affairs. Like hell he did!

OND how you dey, David's teasing voice interrupted his thoughts.

HND when will you ever learn to knock, he snapped.

"The day you decide to get married at least i'll be scared to meet you in a compromising position"

Damn you! david, your sense of humor is hilarious, nimi said packing up.

Dave chuckled making himself comfortable on the swivel chair.
"How far when is the new manager resuming"

"Not found anybody qualified yet"

What! you gotta be kidding me, Onimisi there were over fifty people, dave said in disbelief.

Most of them were under qualified and the others just weren't suitable, he stated.

Last last guy, dave shook his head like someone saying something reasonable.''you don high"

Thank you mr David for your compliments, he scoffed.

You're welcome, dave replied smiling. Thats besides the reason i even came here self, we're having a small dinner party tonight and betty ordered me to make sure you come.

Order, nimi chuckled. See guy i have a lot of work to do, i need to get home take a quick shower, rest my head then get back to work. My time is booked. Sorry.

Pls for the sake of our freindship help this brother in distress, if you don't want me to come back with ear problem, i've started hearing all the 'you could have persuaded him' 'i'm sure if it was club nah you will know just how to coerce him' 'You thought i don't know how you both use to sneak out then', dave said imitating his wife's voice. Please, he gave the puppy eyes and nimi couldn't help laugh.

You're becoming like her slowly, nimi said laughing, all those disturbing was definitely what his little sister will do.' I'm coming, when last did i eat a home cooked dish, i just wanted to see you beg", he said.

Ah! I don suffer, see wetin betty turn me too, dave huffed.

Wahala for who don marry, onimisi teased and they both got out while david started listing the benefits of marriage to his inattentive friend.

###

You came, betty beamed as she pecked her brother on his cheeks giving him a side hug due to her baby bump.

Wow! you're going to be a baby daddy and you didn't even tell me, he elbowed Dave who raised his hands in surrender, ' not my fault, she wanted to surprise you'

My very own super man, betty cooed, kissing her husband on the lips. 'I knew you could convince him'

Yeah babe, you know how stubborn he can be, dave said relishing the praise.

Let's go in, she said collecting the drinks from her brother.

No, no, don't stress yourself, dave piqued collecting it from her.

Nimi grinned, what ever could make his friend collect drinks from him, this love is big oo.  

Either ways, he was happy his sister and david were happy. They truly found love which just wasn't for him.

He already put on his shock bullet proof after the first shock so he wasn't shocked again to see the small dinner party was filled to the brim.

You came back and you couldn't let your mother know, how cruel can a son be, Mrs Domewell started after sighting her son.

I just arrived yesterday mum, nimi defended.

Yesterday had 24hours in it, if you wanted too, you'ld have called, she insisted.

Fine mum, i'm sorry, nimi said resignedly.

You could have just said that since, mrs domewell beamed and hugged him.
' Come let me introduce you to my friend'

Nimi knew it wasn't just her friend she wants to introduce him too but her friends daughter. 
'Argh, i only came to eat dinner not socialize'

'Well i only came to make sure you eat dinner and socialize', she teased leading him to her friends table.