25. She Exposed Them!

Are you ready? Ha!
It's time for me to take it
I'm the boss right now
Not gonna fake it
Not when you go down
'Cause this is my game
And you better come to play
I make my own choice
Bitch, I run this show
So leave the lights on
No, you can't make me behave

"Halt," said a gruff voice when the two officers moved onto Tahera.

The physically impressive Taahir moved over steadily, his expression serious. Spotting him, the police froze.

The leading officer enquired politely, "Mr. Rahman, how can we help you?"

Taahir gave Tahera a quick once-over. He saw only ease in her eyes. He said, "I heard Tahera said it was the two who framed her. Shouldn't we give her a chance to explain herself?"

"I didn't frame Sis..." Riya objected agitatedly before patting her husband's arm lightly, "Honey, should we just let it go? I'm sure Big Sis didn't mean to do it on purpose. After all, we are family; let's not put her in such a rough spot."

"No way!" Selim answered vehemently, "She physically assaulted you, I can't just let it be! CEO, it won't do even if you intercede on her behalf, you have to understand that the woman intentionally harmed my wife and child."

"Such an Oscar-worthy performance," Tahera commented with a slow clap.

The whole good cop bad cop act, while individually not so great, was paired to perfection. A perfect pair of bad apples, they were truly meant for each other.

"Tahera Hussain, what did you say‽" Selim glared at her, "You still dare to mock us at a time like this!"

Tahera didn't have the stomach to watch them continue the acting anymore, she had what she needed.

"I complimented you two on your acting and you consider that mocking? I guess the truth really does hurt."

"Sis, but I'm really not, how could you accuse me of something I'm not doing, I'm so disappointed in you!" Riya said helplessly, earning sympathy points.

Tahera could feel the crowd's wrath charging at her like a wave. Riya had tried her best to forgive Tahera of her sin and ease her out of the sticky situation but not only didn't she appreciate her but she went after poor little Riya? The woman is a stone-cold b*tch!

"I accused you?" Tahera leveled Riya a steely gaze, "Riya, there is karma in this world. You know perfectly well what truly happened, I advise you to come out with the truth before things take a turn for the worse."

"Sis, you..." Tears of frustration flowed out of Tahera's eyes. Like a woman devoid of hope, she told Selim softly, "Honey, you're right, I shouldn't have condoned her actions in the past. It's all my fault."

"Darling, don't worry, it's still not too late, and it's definitely not your fault," Selim turned and ordered the police officers with underlying warning, "Do you get paid to stand there like stones? We'll know the truth after we get her to the station!"

"Ms. Hussain, please follow us immediately!" The officers took the hint and said harshly.

Tahera stood still, her mouth opened to say, "If you want me to follow, fine, but first answer me two questions."

"What else do you want to say?" the police were getting impatient but the law did state that Tahera was innocent until proven guilty so they gave her the chance to speak her mind. Furthermore, the room was curious to what she wanted to say.

Taahir stood at the side watching her, for some reasons, he felt in his heart Tahera could settle this herself. However, it didn't stop him from wondering, how will she prove her innocence?