35. You Lost!

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
I was swept up in a wave,
swept up in a wave
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Then I heard you say my name
Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah

Suddenly, Aaban rushed to Tahera's side and with a terrified expression, relayed something to her. Tahera stood up so abruptly that her chair fell backwards!

Bang! The sudden commotion alerted everyone. They stared at Tahera's sudden movement confusedly.

"What did you say?" Tahera asked Aaban sternly.

A horrified Aaban said hurriedly, "Sis, the person said they have kidnapped Dad. If you don't stop competing, they are going to kill him..."

A moment ago, Aaban received a call from an unknown number. His initial thought was to ignore it but since it kept on ringing, he walked to a quiet corner and answered it. Little did he know it was a ransom call!

They had the audacity to kidnap his father to force Tahera from continuing on with the competition. Aaban had doubts regarding the call's authenticity so he came to ask his sister for her opinion.

"Sis, do you think this is real?" He asked apprehensively.

Murad furrowed his brows and spat out the accusation, "This must be Selim's handiwork!"

Only Selim would benefit from this unusual request and only he was despicable enough to do something like this!

Selim Mirza— Tahera's vengeful eyes sought out Selim among the public. He returned her a cold and gloating smile.

No one else knew what was happening. They were curious why Tahera suddenly stopped competing and entered a staring competition with Selim Mirza. Could it be that something happened?

"Could Selim Mirza have done something behind our backs?" Parvez spoke the first thought that came to his mind.

Taahir's face glossed over icily. He turned and told one of his bodyguards, "Go and..."

He stopped mid-sentence. He was going to ask the bodyguard to investigate what had happened but to his surprise, Tahera sat back down and resumed competing. Both Aaban and Murad were surprised.

Aaban was befuddled. "Sis, what are you doing?"

Didn't the kidnapper warn them to stop competing? Murad shared his confusion. Was she really going to continue with the competition?

Selim's face fell instantly, Tahera was... not intimidated by his threat!

"Sis, aren't you worried they are really going to..." Aaban asked anxiously but before he could finish, he heard Tahera's firm reply, "It's fake!"

Aaban stared at Tahera, asking, "How can you be sure?"

"Noori is still at home," Tahera answered as way of explanation.

Aaban and Murad understood immediately. It was true, Noori was at home. For the sake of both leverage and convenience, there was no reason for them to only kidnap one person and not two.

Selim didn't know that Noori and Murad Mustafa recently moved in with them so the lie he made had a glaring loophole.

Furthermore, it had only been ten minutes since Tahera made her appearance. How could a kidnapping be done in a short period of time‽

Plus, this kidnapping had to happen after Selim recognized Tahera as a threat. That meant the kidnapping had to occur within a brief window of less than ten minutes.