50. Betrayal

Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no

Tahera drove to the old mansion.

"The old madam is waiting for you at the drawing studio by the garden, the madam is there as well," explained the maid who led her to the garden in low whispers.

"Is the little master around?" Tahera enquired.

"Little master is at school."

Tahera knew they would have him away before calling her over.

Tahseen was a student at City's most famous school. The school was the choice for many nobles and aristocrats so security was extremely high. Entry was not easily permitted.

Therefore, Tahera couldn't intercept Tahseen at his school even if she tried. So, the only thing she could do was to focus on the design. After that, she would be able to bring her son away from this place...

"We're here, please," the maid said as she opened the door to the studio for Tahera. She waved for her to go in.

Tahera walked in and more than a couple of familiar faces greeted her. Not only were Old Granny and Mrs. Haseena there but also Afra Ibn and Rosa Khan!

The elegant and comfortable studio was separated into two sections. The right hand side of the room was decorated with a set of pure leather white sofa while the other side of the room housed a number of easels and a wide wooden table.

The table was cluttered with painting accoutrements like color palettes, inks and paint brushes...

A few tasteful, postmodern oil paintings hung on the studio walls. The paintings were probably originals by Old Granny.

The mysterious matriarch of the Rahman Family situated herself in the middle sofa, gracefully sipping a cup of tea.

This was the first time Tahera met her! Even during her wedding, Old Granny didn't make an appearance.

Old Granny was famously a recluse. She spent most of her days cloistered in her painting studio; it was nearly impossible to request a meeting with her.

The very first thing that struck Tahera about Old Granny was her youthfulness! It was obvious that a lot of work had gone into maintaining her appearance. Her body was well-proportioned, her skin had a youthful sheen, and – other than some faded crowfeet – her face was smooth. Even her hair that was swept into an up-do was as dark as onyx.

She looked like a woman approaching fifty even though Tahera knew that her actual age was more than seventy.

Seated beside Mrs. Haseena, Old Granny looked like her sister instead of her elder. In fact, she was even prettier than Mrs. Haseena. The faded lines around her features helped accentuate their exquisiteness.

One could only imagine how gorgeous she must be when she was young. The way she dressed also spoke of elegance and nobility.

A simple pattern-less blue shawl wrapped around her neck not only brought another layer of sophistication to her beauty but also cleverly hid her missing right arm.

If one didn't take a second closer look, one wouldn't know she was handicapped. This was a woman who spent her life pursuing perfection and beauty!

After seeing her in person, Tahera finally understood why the Rahman family wasted so many resources trying to manufacture the perfect artificial limb. A woman like Old Granny wouldn't allow the presence of malformation on her body.