54. A Blood Curdling Scream

All I see
Is everything that we could be
You'll never be alone with me
All you need
Is just a little clarity
You'll never be alone with me

They thought Tahera would punch herself from the failure of her plan. To their bitter disappointment, Tahera merely turned around and walked away wordlessly.

However, she didn't leave. She stopped in front of a long bench and planted herself there. It appeared like she was waiting for the surgery to finish...

Witnessing her shamelessness, the group of people started to say unsavory things about her.

Thankfully, Tahera was far away from them so she didn't hear anything. Then again, she probably wouldn't have reacted even if she did.

The same couldn't be said for Aaban. He was incensed by the condescending looks the crowd kept tossing their way.

"Sis, these people are really too much. How can they not believe you and choose to believe that wily thief? Bunch of blind idiots!" Aaban who stood in front of her groused.

"Miss Hussain, do you have any other plan? Is there no proof you can produce to show your innocence?" Laam was also fuming with indignation.

In contrast, Tahera was as calm as ever.

"Don't fret, I'd predicted as much," she comforted them.

Aaban was startled. "Sis, you predicted this? Then, why are we here to suffer? We should find ourselves a lawyer and sue that Afra!"

Tahera smiled good-naturedly. "But they were right. I can't produce any proof. Ee Chen will definitely not sell her out."

Technically speaking, Ee Chen was Afra's accomplice in helping her steal the design. Selling her out would only implicate him. That was probably why Afra was so confident that her plan would not fall apart.

"Then what can we do? Sit here quietly and see that Afra take all the credit that is rightfully yours? I can't stand that smug face of hers!"

"Don't worry," Tahera said calmly, "The proof will show itself soon enough."

Aaban and Laam were pleasantly surprised.

"Sis, what do you mean by that? What proof?"

"The faulty product itself is the proof."

The answer came not from Tahera but Taahir who was walking towards them.

Aaban and Laam looked at each other in confusion over his sudden arrival and answer. They had a hard time understanding what he meant.

Taahir didn't explain, instead he stared deeply at Tahera before adding, "I want to have a private conversation with Tahera."

Before waiting for the two of them to respond, he sat down beside Tahera and asked under his breath, "Am I right?"

Tahera turned to look at him before nodding, "You're right."

"What will be the consequences?"

"Nothing life-threatening, a little pain of the flesh."

"You have no intention of stopping it?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Taahir's lips curved into a smile. "Certain people need a sound slap to the face before they can see reality more clearly. Other than that, not stopping this will give them the chance to see the real you and cure their prejudice."