I'm A Sucker For Hurt/Comfort Pls Bare With Me

The small brunet rested his head on the edge of the bathtub, hands nervously tapping along his bare knees. Sitting on the floor, legs pulled up to his chest, Naibs eyes darted back and forth between the several wounds on Nortons whole body, as if to make sure none of them would magically start bleeding or rip open through the stitches on each of them. The water in the tub had a small red taint to it, making Naib feel sick. Despite having a rather cruel and hard past, having seen dozen of corpses and flesh wounds, his stomach still twisted at the sight of blood. It brought back the horrible feeling of leaving his comrades behind on the battle field, unable to help or guard them in any way. The uncomfortable silence that had sunken between the two men didn't make things easier. The air was slightly blurred due to the warm steam coming from the water.
"You don't have to babysit me, princess." the man in the bathtub murmured, leaning back in an exhausted posture. Norton had closed his eyes, hands resting on the sides of the tub. He was tired. He could have fallen asleep right then and there, if it wasn't for the worried mercenary next to him, patiently waiting for his lover to finish. In other situations, Norton had laughed or mocked Naib for watching him bathe. After all, that wasn't really a shameless thing to do. But for the sake of Naibs mental health, he had allowed him to stay and 'make sure nothing bad would happen'. Norton had gotten stitched up weeks ago, yet his boyfriend would still look at him as if he only just had escaped Jack's claws.
Jack was an asshole. And it was no secret that he favorised Naib a lot. After finding out about his relationship with Norton.... The prospectors matches had gotten rougher one by one. Jack targeted him as if he was a decoder, not caring if he won or loss. He would drag Norton to the rocket chair and hit him sharper than he was even allowed to. Before Naib had a chance to murder the ripper, the owner of the manor had started to separate them. By now, the two survivors rarely got matched with Jack anymore.

"I'm not babysitting. I'm making sure you don't do anything stupid." Naib replied, not taking his eyes off the stitches.
The corners of Norton's mouth twitched, almost smiling as he raised his hand to run them through his lovers soft hair, reassuring him silenty. The brunet leaned into his touch, sighing in a very saddening way. Norton couldn't help but adore him, even if he looked a bit depressed right now. Naib always worried too much, self sacrificed himself too often and slept a bit too little. But that was alright and Norton couldn't wish for more.

"Mhm.. Last time I checked, I wasn't the one that slipped and hit his elbow on the sink."

"Norton..." Naib hesitated, obviously wanting to add something more to his rather short sentence. Norton quickly cut him off.

"Stop worrying, 'Kay? Let's get out of here and get some rest. You got rank matches tomorrow."

And with that, Naib immediately hurried to get a new towel and Norton just went with it, embracing his small boyfriend as soon as he dressed himself in his pijamas.