Eleven - The Death Cure

LAST TIME I ASK, I HAVE TWO ENDINGS PLANNED BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE: comment under which guy you want as endgame!

THOMAS

NEWT

"I spent all of the love I saved, we were always a losing game, small town boy in a big arcade, I got addicted to a losing game."

Penelope

Penelope

Newt slowly pulled back from me, sitting me down as he sat opposite me, "Do you want to talk about it?" His voice was barely above a whisper, sending a flurry of emotions to my stomach in the form of butterflies.

"I don't know, I.." I wiped from under my eyes, assuming my face was still puffy from crying. "I had another meltdown on the train, like an anxiety attack.." I let my voice trail off as Newt nodded, listening to every word I said as he focused on me and me only.

"Are you feeling any better?" He gently leans over, opening a small compartment from my medjack belt as I just shook my head, and I didn't object as he pulled out a small sanitary wipe, the sort with high alc. vol percentage to use on my face, I assumed.

Newt nodded his head for me to continue as he gently dabbed the wipe against my damaged, ripped skin on my forehead, avoiding my black eye as I winced slightly. "I-I thought W.I.C.K.E.D. were gonna take us again, and.." I hiccup between my words, "I thought they were gonna send us to another maze, I just.."

Newt didn't hesitate to gently tuck some hair behind my ear, keeping his eyes locked on mine. "I would never let them do that to you, don't ever doubt that, love." My heart beat ten times faster in my chest as Newt held intense eye contact with me before he finally blinked, snapping out of it.

"And they did this to you?" He gazed upon my split lip, then my black eye, and I let out a small hum, regretting the fact that I had fought back now. "That motherfucker took my axe." I pout my bottom lip out now, and Newt sends me a grin, biting down on his lip to suppress a laugh.

"You seriously just got transported in a train, through the air, and you're sad that you don't have your axe?"

"It was a friendly axe, I called it Dora."

"Yep, maybe we should send you back to W.I.C.K.E.D..." Newt looked around the room, anywhere but in my eyes as he tried not to laugh when I smacked his chest with the back of my hand. "As if! What if they turned me into a griever?"

"Wait..-you're not a griever? I thought.." Newt interrupted his sentence as he laughed at his own joke, unable to finish speaking as I glared at him, a small smile on my lips.

"You're such an idiot.." I let out a small giggle as he smiled at me now, looking at my eyes once again. I knew Newt wanted to make me feel better, and he was so easy to be around that I felt no objection to it as he gently leaned over and placed a small kiss to my cheek, causing a blush to form over both of our faces.