~Chapter Five~

Lukes POV

I wake up and I see that Rory is awake reading a book and Lorelai is still asleep. I look over at the time and its 8Am. "Good morning" I say and Rory smiles at me. "Good morning Luke" She says. "how did you get a book?" I question. "A nurse gave it to me this morning when she came in here to give mum some more medication" Rory says and I nod and stand up and stretch. "do you want anything to drink or eat?" I ask. "please could I have coffee?" Rory asks and I nod and go out of the hospital room and go up to the café that they have at the hospital.

Lorelai's POV

I slowly open my eyes and Rory is sitting on the chair next to my hospital bed reading a book. I touch her hand so she knows I'm awake and she smiles at me. "good Morning how do you feel today?" Rory asks and I groan. "it feels like I've been drugged" I state trying to keep my eyes open. "yeah you kinda have, the nurse came in around a hour ago and topped up your pain relief" Rory says and I sigh. "well its working because it hardly hurts that much" I say and I close my eyes. "Do you want me to read to you?" Rory asks and I hum in response. As I'm closing my eyes Rory starts to read and I think I fall asleep because when I open my eyes its now 10am and Luke is back in the room. "hiya sleepy head" Luke teases and I smile and try to sit up but I cant so Rory helps me to sit up and face them. "could I have coffee" I ask and Luke frowns at me. "Lorelai you have just had surgery I don't think that's a good idea" Luke states and I pout. "fine, could I at lease have orange juice?" I ask and he nods and walks out of the room to get me it. "Rory, anything new that I don't know about" I ask wanting to distract my self. "Well, tomorrow at school I have a history exam" Rory says and I nod. "Do you think you will pass" I ask. "I hope, I have revised so I think so" She admits and I nod and I close my eyes and fall asleep again.

Rorys POV
I'm reading to mum again and I look over to her to see that shes fallen asleep again. Luke comes back in the hospital room with orange juice. "Mums asleep again" I say and he looks over to her and gives a sad smile and places the orange juice on the tray that's connected to her bed. A couple of minutes later mum starts to move about and we realise that she's having a bad dream so Luke rushes over to mum. "Lorelai wake up" He says shaking her slightly and she opens her eyes with tears In them. "It was so scary" Mum admits. "Shhh it's okay, it was just a dream" Luke says and hugs her and sits down on the chair next to her bed. "Mum we are right here" I tell her and she takes deep breaths. A nurse walks in. "Lorelai, you have to stay here two more nights, and then you can go home but stay in a wheel chair for 2 weeks" the nurse says and we all nod and I see mum looking sad. "Hey what's wrong?" I ask her concerned. "Oh nothing" She says and smiles slightly. "Mum?" I repeat. "Okay, I just don't want to be in a wheel chair and I hate being in hospital" Mum states. "Mum think of the bright side, you won't have to walk for 2 weeks, you can have us wheel you around" I say smirking. "Yeah that's a good part I guess" Mum says lightening up slightly.

2 days later

Lukes POV
I'm the only one with Lorelai right now because Rory is at school. It's now 10am and a nurse comes in. "Right Lorelai, you can be discharged now" The nurse days and Lorelai smiles. "Thanks" I say and the nurse bring a wheel chair in. (Lorelai is already dressed because Rory helped her to get changed before she went to school). I help Lorelai to sit into the wheel chair and we leave the hospital.
We get back to stars Hollow and I'm wheeling Lorelai around. "Omg I forgot" Lorelai says as I'm wheeling her down the street. "What" I ask. "Where is Chris" She asks nervous and as soon as I hear his name my blood boils. "I will sort it out" I say. As were going down the street many people are looking at Lorelai concerned. Everyone knows everyone in stars hollow. "My god Lorelai" Miss Patty says walking over to us. "Hey Miss Patty" Lorelai says smiling. "what happened sweetie" Miss Patty asks worried. "oh nothing much I just got in a bit of a accident and cant walk properly" Lorelai lies. "oh dear, could I do anything for you?" Miss Patty asks. "no its okay, I have my servent wheeling me around" Lorelai says smirking and I roll my eyes. "You look after her Luke" Miss Patty orders. "of course I will" I say and she nods and walks away. "I feel drousy" Lorelai says. "that's because the medication" I state and I take her into my diner and push her to a table. "Coffee coffee coffee" Lorelai says. After I make her coffee I turn back around to face her and she's fallen asleep with her head resting on her hand. I see people staring at her and I glare at them and they stop staring. I walk back over to her. "Lore" I say and she doesn't wake up so I pick her up and take her upstairs to my apartment and I lay her down on my bed.
I go back down stairs and do stuff In the diner, at around 10:00pm I go back upstairs and Lorelai is still asleep so I phone Rory and tell her what's happened and I go onto the sofa and sleep.