Chapter 9

Hey guys. Sorry it took so long to update. I've been kinda upset with myself on how I've wrote the story but it's fine now. Another reason is because I keep comparing my writing to others and can't help but feel disappointed and discouraged from writing. I've also been busy with finals and stuff. I've been writing summaries and a prologue for two other stories I had too so yeah, that's where I've been. Anyways enjoy the chapter.

As if like magic, she disappeared and reappeared cutting his forearm.

"Wha...?" In disbelief Percy only had time to let out a simple groan before being kicked in the face.

Percy skidded to the side clutching his face in pain. If it wasn't for his mask, he would be unconscious and his face would be bruised so badly that nobody would be able to recognize him. Inwardly, Percy thanked the creator of the mask before bringing himself back up.

"Wow, you took one of my kicks to the face and you're still conscious." The girl began smiling deviously. "Good, very good."

She then reached for two knifes on her belt and threw them at him. He quickly blocked the first knife and turned to block the second knife but in its place was the girl again.

She blocked his incoming blade and before Percy could readjust, she had disappeared. In a fraction of a second, Percy felt a stinging pain in his right arm. He turned and again, there she was slicing his skin.

Percy couldn't understand what was happening. Was she teleporting? How?

He quickly backed away from her holding his arm in pain. She again threw her remaining knife, from her belt, at him. This time he backed away from the knife as fast as he could. Then in a blink of an eye, she was standing right where the knife was.

His theory was correct. Somehow she's able to teleport to her weapons. He didn't know how but she was able to.

She was giggling. It was terrifying. She was actually enjoying this.

"Wait! I surrender!" Percy yelled dropping his weapon.

She didn't care though and over the course of thirty minutes, Percy was beaten to a pulp several times. No matter what he did, she would be able to block. If he had blocked her attack, she would teleport behind him. If he had dodged her attack, she would already be beside him slicing him. If he had attack, she would easily dodge and counterattack. It was impossible for him and he ended up being sent to the infirmary.

***

"So what do you think?" Khaos asked.

"He's terrible. He couldn't land a single hit on me. He did figure out my ability but it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. He even surrendered midway through. Honestly if you're asking me, I'd send him right back."

"Remember, you were the same when you first arrived. Commander Omega beat you so badly, you repeatedly asked me if I could return you back to the underworld." (For clarification, Commander Omega isn't Percy and is a entirely different person.)

"That is true...." She said thinking about it.

"How about this. You train him, maybe teach him your ability, and let the tournament against the Khaos army decide whether or not he stays."

"I guess I could do that..." She accepted Khaos' offer. "I'm just wondering how he even won the tournament. His ability isn't bad but it's not nearly enough to defeat someone from the first division."