Chapter 3

"Where... where are we?"

It was late in the afternoon when the boy and girl woke up. They found themselves in bed in a small room. In the room was a small desk, a few beds, and a cabinet. It was a room with light blue wallpaper and a white door.

Suddenly the door opened. A boy with black hair stepped in.

"How are you guys feeling?" He asked them while taking out a small piece of bread from the cupboard.

"Th-the monster..." The girl let out in a quiet voice. If the room wasn't so small, nobody would've heard her.

"Don't worry about that. For now, eat this." In both hands were a small metal tray. In the tray was a small piece of bread with a small cup of apple juice looking liquid.

They took the tray from the boy and shoved the small piece of bread in their mouths. They quickly drank the small cup dry. It had been so long since they had food. They had always been on the run. Food didn't come by easily.

'Raspberry pie?' The boy was startled. It was the taste of the pie his grandmother use to make him. She would make a pie just for him when he and his parents visited her.

He couldn't help but let out some tears. He quickly wiped them away and glanced over to the other bed. The girl was also wiping her eyes.

"My mother's homemade chocolate chip cookies. That what it tasted like for me." The older boy spoke after seeing them tear up. He sympathize for them. They probably had a very troubled life.

"Wh-what?" The boy stuttered out.

"For me, it tastes like the cookies my mother use to make me. What'd about you?"

The boy was confused. 'What did he mean by tasting like his mother's cookies?'

Still, he responded with what he tasted. "It tastes like the raspberry pie my grandmother made me."

The older boy nodded and looked at the girl. She realized he wanted to know what she tasted too. "The barbecue my ste- my dad made for me."

"Oh ok. Well how do you guys feel?" They didn't realize it but they felt hundreds of times more better than before.

"It feels like I just woke up from a nice warm nap."

"Good. Good. That's a very good sign."

"So... where are we? What happened? How'd we get here? The boy threw question after question at the older boy until the boy stopped him.

"Well first I guess should introduce myself. I'm Percy Jackson and you two are?"

"Oh. I'm Alan. Alan Merridia." The boy finally introduced himself.

"...Kristina Arden..."

"Well nice to meet you guys." Percy smiled brightly. "Well I guess to answer your question, you two are in Camp Half-Blood. A camp for demigods."

"Demigods?" Alan was confused. Like from Greek mythology? If the camp is for demigods, why were they here? How did they survive.

Percy saw their expressions on immediately knew they were lost. "A demigod is the offspring of a god and mortal. Gods from Greek mythology"

"You- you're crazy." Kristina stared at Percy like he was a psychotic.

"Please believe me."

"If this is really a camp for demigods, why are we here?" Alan was still lost.

Percy let out a sigh "Can I ask you guys a personal question?"

They reluctantly nodded their heads.