10. interview V (cont.)

"life is a hell of a thing to happen to someone." - david rossi (played by joe mantegna on criminal minds)
_____

jimin was exhausted. he had unearthed memories he had completely forgotten about. it was amazing what a few deep breaths could do, he assumes.

"okay jimin. it's about to get a little bit darker from here," jin warns, his voice becoming louder than before.

"okay," jimin says with a sigh, dreading the recollection of that night. but he knows it's something he has to do.

"you said you were visiting your mom that night. what happened when you visited?" jin asked.

haneul stood on the other side of the two way glass, monitoring jimin and his behavior. it's not that she was suspicious of jimin, but more so worried for his well being. he spent so long in therapy trying to recover from that night only to have to be thrown back into that night.

haneul watched as jimin inhaled deeply, throwing himself back into that night.

it was cold, jimin thought. he tried to warm his hands by cupping them against his mouth and exhaling the heat from his mouth. he rubbed his hands together as he rang the doorbell to his mothers house. he waited patiently for her to open the door, unnerved about the time it took. it was normal for her to be deep in her cleaning mode that it was hard for her to stop.

the door swung open, his mother surprised to see him. that should have been the first warning. but it wasn't.

"hey mom," jimin smiles, leaning in to hug her. she hugs him back and smiles.

"hi darling. what are you doing here?" his mom asks, slightly anxious with the situation at hand.

"i always visit sunday nights. for dinner?" jimin says, a smile still on his lips as he reminded his mom of their unbroken tradition. one they've had since he left home for college.

"right. sorry hun, it's been a busy week that it completely slipped my mind and i made plans for tonight,"  his mother chuckles. but it was forced, it seemed. at least to jimin. that definitely caught his attention.

"you forgot the one day of the week that we see each other?" jimin teases, trying to mask the hurt in his heart. sure, he was getting older and living his own life but he valued the bond he had with his mom.

"it happens honey, you know i'm getting older," she jokes, trying to make light of the situation.

"so what are your plans tonight?" jimin asks, trying to make small talk with his own mom. he couldn't believe this was happening.

to most it wouldn't seem like a big deal, but to jimin it meant a lot. he had always and only ever had his mom. sure he had taehyung, someone he hadn't seen in quite sometime due to his busy job, but his mom was always his first and biggest priority. he watched her go through the most terrible moments in life and come out of it stronger. that's why he worked so hard in high school to get the full ride to college to help relieve some of the stress of money.

"i met someone," she admits. this caught jimin off guard. she never mentioned anyone. but he had to remind himself, she was a grown woman and capable of doing whatever she wanted. but he worried.

"who?" he asks, trying to make casual conversation with his own mother. he had never had to do that before. it was weird to him.

"a friend of mind introduced me to him," she dismisses. jimin didn't like the fact that his own mother was trying to get him away from his childhood home, as if she was hiding him from her own son.