04. interview II

"loving you was the most exquisite form of self destruction." - anonymous

____

"please, do come in and have a seat," the young woman smiles, inviting haneul and seokjin in. the two bow slightly, stepping into her apartment and removing their shoes. the woman slips away, leading them to her livingroom.

haneul had become slightly paranoid visiting other people's houses. i mean, she had every right to be considering what happened the first time she'd ever done it. jimin made her turn her location on and text him when she got to the house and if she wasn't texting him she was leaving in an hour, he was going to call her. jimin's overprotectiveness slightly suffocated haneul and yet it made her heart race all at once. the duo had been through quite the suffrage, so haneul hadn't dare complained about his procedures. she knew it came from a place of love and that was all she could've asked for.

"we're sorry to barge in on your schedule but we just have some questions for you," seokjin stated once everyone had sat themselves in the young womans livingroom.

"i don't mind at all," she smiles, leaning into her lounge chair.

"we had some questions that concern an old friend of yours. kim taehyung?" haneul says, her voice soft as if to not scare the young girl with the name.

"oh," she says.

"ms. choi--"

"please, it's sunny. i go by sunny," she says, interrupting seokjin.

"sunny, we understand that this may bring up some unwanted memories, but... our current investigation involves kim taehyung and we're just trying to understand him as much as we can," seokjin says, offering her a small smile.

"but.. i thought he died?" she asks, tone curious about the man.

"he did, but there's some resemblance between his case and our current one. we just want to try and understand this... unknown subject, a bit better," haneul smiles, trying to explain with as few details as possible.

"oh, i see. well, uh, what would you like to know?" sunny asks, trying to steady her shaky breath. haneul noticed the way sunny tried to appear shaken up by the situation. haneul couldn't understand why, but this was a thought she would have to tuck away for a later time when there was time to analyze everything.

"how did you and taehyung meet?" haneul asked.

the days were growing shorter and evenings longer due to the time change. it was near the end of the semester and that meant that everyone was pretty high strung, trying to cram for finals. taehyung felt even more pressure once he realized he would have to adjust to being the new kid, all while studying for his finals. as if he didn't already have enough on his plate.

taehyung tried to push the thoughts behind, tucking them into a place he tried his damndest to forget. he clutched the strap of his bag and speed walked through the front gates of his new school. he hated being the new kid. there were always people more curious about the bruises he donned than him as a person. but he had to remind himself, he wasn't here to make friends. he was here to graduate and get into a college far away from him so he could take his mom and jooyoung away. that was the goal. that's alway been the goal.

he found himself in the building, navigating his way to the main office to pick up his time schedule. he managed to find it alone, the school not as big as his last one, slipping inside the teachers room.

"uhm, i'm here to pick up my schedule," taehyung said, his voice so low it sounded like a murmur. luckily, his homeroom teacher sat nearby, picking up the young man's sentence. she smiled and picked up the slip, handing it to him.

"i'm mrs. hanson, you're homeroom teacher," she smiled. taehyung noted the unfamiliar last name, causing him to meet her gaze. he noticed she was a foreigner, probably american due to the pronunciation. she spoke well, but could tell the words were unfamiliar on her lips.

"nice to meet you," taehyung says, bowing. he grabbed the slip of paper and bowed once more before making his exit. mrs. hanson frowned at the boys retreating figure, catching sight of the purple mark on his wrist as he grabbed his schedule from her. she realized that he was different, but she couldn't make out how different he was.

taehyung managed to find his classroom before class started, waiting outside to meet the homeroom teacher once more. taehyung had actually started to find comfort in her. for some reason, she exuded this warm aura that helped taehyung calm down. maybe it was her motherly nature or her many years as a teacher, but taehyung didn't mind finding a beacon of light in the darkness of his world that surrounded him.

"hey," a soft voice spoke, interrupting taehyung's thoughts. he looked up and spotted the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. he swore that time stopped the minute they locked eyes. and she could've sworn the same thing.

"uh.. hi," taehyung finally says after he realizes he held the moment of silence for far too long.

"i'm choi seoyeon. i'm the class president," she chirps, bowing slightly to the tall male before her. he bows back, leaning back into the wall.

"i'm kim taehyung. i'm new," he chuckles awkwardly, trying to make conversation.

"i know. welcome to kyunggi high school. where are you from?" she asks, walking over to him. he soon realizes she's going to lean next to him and he could feel his heartbeat beating way too fast.

"uh, daegu," he answers, his low voice coming off as a murmur again.

"really? that's so cool! well, i'm glad you made it to seoul and chose our school. i hope you enjoy it here. i know it can be overwhelming, being the new kid and all, but if you ever need a familiar face, just look for me, okay?" she says, smiling up at him. taehyung knew that her beauty was so effervescent, it outshined the sun. and that he could pick her face from a crowd.

"thank you," he answered, sincerity in his voice. she smiled even brighter and looked away.

"any time, kim taehyung. anytime."

__

an:

i told you i was working on it! i'm trying to finish this story out, but i won't give you guys a rushed or sloppy project. so please, be patient! love you all and thank you again for your continuous support!

(unedited)