03. interview I (cont.)

"behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image". - johann wolfgang von goethe

the fear that coursed through hanuel's veins felt like ice, cold and painful. haneul tried her best to contain her microexpressions, as to not show that what taehyung's sister had said affected her. but it did. very much so.

"and why did taehyung do that?" hanuel asked jooyoung, leaning into her seat as she watched the kim sibling squirm in her seat.

"you have to understand, we didn't grow up in a loving home where kisses came with warm words and inviting hugs. we were welcomed with beatings every day and bruises looked like birth marks the way they were so constant. it's enough to drive even the purest of souls mad with anger and hatred. my dad.. he was.. touching me..," jooyoung whimpered, recalling the worst days of her life. haneul felt for the young girl, having to recall a period in her life where survival was a way of life and not just a word. the tension in the room was palpable and damn near suffocating. but haneul had to remind herself that she had a job to do. people were dying and, unfortunately, her brother was the center of it all.

"look, i'm not here to judge. i just.. i just need to understand what made him want to hurt those people," haneul tried to reason. she meant every word. despite the awful things that taehyung had done, hearing jooyoung painfully recall all of the horrific moments they had to go through, no wonder taehyung was so angry.

jooyoung nodded once before inhaling deeply and releasing a shaky breath. the young girl clutched onto her jacket tighter before closing her eyes and digging even deeper than she would care to do.

"taehyung was such a bright soul. he was the best big brother i could've asked for. that's why when the news was released of him committing all those crimes, i couldn't believe it. i know everyone always says that. that they could never believe that someone they cared for could ever do those kinds of things. but i sincerely mean it. taehyung had always been kind. been gentle. it's why he went into being a detective. he wanted to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. like us when we were younger," jooyoung continued, donning a reminiscent smile, recalling the sweet memories of her older brother.

"jooyoung, was there ever someone who hurt him? perhaps... a woman?" haneul asked. jooyoung froze in her spot for a split second which told haneul that there was.

"how.. how did you know that?" jooyoung asked incredulously.

"taehyung hurt young women who were pregnant with his children... we think that they were surrogates for his real target that he couldn't get to," haneul explained. jooyoung looked nauseated at the thought.

"uhm.. there was.. one girl?" jooyoung murmured, unsure of herself.

"we need a name," haneul stated simply. 

_

an

OMG I LITERALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY BUT I MISSED WRITING SO HERE I AM. I PROMISE IM WORKING ON THE NEXT PART AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! THANK YOU TO ALL MY LOVELY SUPPORTERS FOR SUPPORTING PSYCHOPATH! PLEASE SHOW THIS BOOK THE SAME LOVE! I PROMISE IT WONT DISAPPOINT!

OKAY TACOS! UNTIL NEXT TIME!