Part 9

After a quick tour around the facility, Ben brought you back to where your workstation would be in the warehouse.

You were happy to see other women working diligently away at sewing machines and that there was an open one that would be yours now.

You were looking at your space, that had a color palette up on the board for you to work off of, measurements and design patterns.

And you looked from Ben to the board.

"You've gotta be kidding me" you muttered, as you noticed that you were now working on Paul's costume or at least working on making tweaks to it, stitching up spots that were torn and working on the backup costumes.

"Paul suggested you, so it's more than fitting that you get to work on his. Plus in my opinion his costumes are more fun to work on, on the creativity front. That man will go with anything you hit him with for costume designs." Ben said, as you sighed, looking at the piles of costumes that were in front of your machine and starting to work on mending them.

--

After working on 6 different back ups of the same outfit, mending them all you shut off your machine and sit back against your chair feeling the every familiar backache.

Ben picked up one of the backups, checking it over, and looking at the stitching and smiling.

"Knew there was a reason he talked you up to me. Plus all those costumes that you've already done." Ben said, as you looked at him.

"What costumes?" You asked, as Ben looked from the costume.

"The ones that you've made for yourself and the girls from the--" He said as you got up, getting closer to him, and giving him a look that said shut up without having to say it.

"I don't want anyone to know about that." You said, as Ben nodded.

"understood , but it might get out. And plus haven't we all had roots starting somewhere. Don't be embarrassed by it. It got you to where you are and you have talent for sewing." He said, smiling as he talked over the sewing machines that were still working.

You wiped the sweat from your forehead, as Ben collected up Paul's costumes and started folding them right side out, as you helped him.

"So after this am I done or?" You asked as Ben looked at you.

"You completed your work early, you can either stay or come back because the band is coming for last fittings on the mendings to make sure they fit them properly." Ben explained, as you sighed.

"I guess I can help out the other girls." You said as you continued helping him fold up the backup costumes, and looked over at the girls that hear and didn't seem to happy with you even thinking of offering your help.

Maybe because it would take them 2x longer since they knew the dimensions of the person without having to look at the information up on the board? You thought, as Ben put his arm around your shoulder.

"How about we go get something to drink?" he offered, noticing the looks the other girls were giving you.

"Ok thanks I think I need it." You said as you flexed your fingers feeling the ache in them, as you walked next to Ben.

"I get that I just started but why do i get the feeling that I'm not really welcome?" You asked once you got out of earshot of the other girls.

"Paul made a point of wanting you to be his seamstress, costume designer etc. Bumping Lisa off her station and working on Eric's instead, because I was working on Eric's costume as a fill-in." Ben explained, as you turned the nozzle on the water dispenser, watching the water come out and into the paper cup mulling over what Ben explained.

"So he wasn't doing it out of a pity thing or you know wanting to see me more you guys really needed the help then." you stated in a surprised tone, as you heard the metal doors being slide open, as you thought you saw Ben scramble back over to where the girls were working, clicking off all the machines.

"They're here." he said simply, as he went to pass the section and back into the back where other workers were grabbing stuff to load up into the trucks as you heard the sound of multiple feet scrambling against the concrete flooring.

And you tried not to laugh.

But then when you turned to look at the ladies that were fixing their workstations to look neat and tidy. And looking themselves over.

Which just made you feel the anxiety creep in as you heard sounds of footsteps coming closer and closer to the designer section, and the back storage.

Ben scrambled to stand next to you, and tried to catch his breath to not look like he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off informing everyone else that the band arrived.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer, as the band went around the corner.

Paul instantly made eye contact with you smiling.

"So you have the costumes ready? Or at least one for each of us?" Paul asked as he looked at Ben with a smile.

"Yes, at least one is completed for each of you to check the wear and the girls can make quick adjustments if needed." Ben confirmed as each of them grabbed at one of their costumes and went to try it on.

"OH BENNY!" you heard Paul shout out as you started laughing, especially at the look on Ben's face, as he rolled his eyes.

"You're doing it for the pay, and the nice views of their asses Ben." you heard him say, as you started hearing the guys start to sing Benny and the Jets, as they were waiting for Ben to get to them, as you laughed harder.

Maybe working for the band wouldn't be so horrible after all?