07. IPL finale

Shubman POV

"Half of my heart is happy and half of my heart is --"

"With zaara" abhay continued.

"No Abhay. I'm nervous" I whined.
Today its IPL finals. We won the eliminator and entered finals. The match is between KKR and MI - the five time champions.

I'm nervous.

The door bell rang.

"Lemme check" abhay jumped off the bed.

I was sitting on the bed, so the door wasn't visible to me. But I heard the door open. And few seconds later the door closed with a click but Abhay didn't return.

"Abhay" I called out. He wasn't there. But the bell rang again.

'Where did he go?' I asked myself and walked towards the door. Before I opened, the bell rang again.

I opened the door only to surprise myself.

She pushed me in, before I could respond and locked the door behind her.

"Zaara" I was shocked to see her. She didn't pick up my phone call since last week. We spoke for the last time she the rumour was spreading about me and Anikha. I thought zaara was still angry on me. But now she has come to see me.

"I heard you were nervous, so I came to calm you down" she said playfully and pushed me towards the bed.

"But--" before I could say she made me sit on the edge on the bed and sat beside me.

"Shubman, it's you first IPL season  and you have come all the way long till finals.  I have to be there right?" She said looking into my eyes, holding my face between her Palms.

"Yes" I said.

She smiled. She hugged me and caressed my back. Hug was so warm and relaxing. No one has done this magic ever before.

"I know shub, you have worked so hard to reach this position and your hardwork will never let you down. Don't be nervous. You can do it." She said in my ear while hugging me.

I hugged her tighter.

---

~ At stadium

I walked down to the ground for toss. The crowd was cheering for me. I heard then chant my name. I smile and waved at them.

"What's the game plan for today?" The presenter asked Rohit. While my eyes were searching for Zaara.

Soon I was able to spot her along with Krithi, Suhana and Anikha.

'Woah, zaara and Anikha together??  whoa ! I didn't expect this' I said to myself. I Hope they get along well with eachother.

And I'm so happy that Zaara had come today. Its giving me more confidence and I'm no more nervous. And this is the first time she is watching me play live from the stadium.

Rohit tossed the coin.

"Heads or tails" asked the presenter.

"Heads" I said. Its tails and Rohit won. And he chose the bat first.

We shook hands and walked towards the respective team's dressing room.

Our coach gave us a quick motivation talk and wished us the best luck.

I was about to switch off my mobile phone which I do before every game, a notification popped. I opened and saw a message from Zaara, "ALL THE BEST, BABY. YOU CAN DO IT❤"

I smile. And reply her with a heart. 

Then, We all walked to the ground. And the game started.

-----

"Just 19 runs from this over shubman, the cup is ours" said nagarkoti while we were standing on the pitch during the 19th over break.

Mumbai batted first and scored 213- 6 (20). Now we are in 194- 5 (19).

We have just one over left. And we need 19 runs. And I'm in the batting end.

I hmmed and walked to the batting end.

'You can do it shubman' I said to myself.

It was boult bowling. First ball we ran for 2 runs. 'Okay, just 17 runs more of 5 balls'.

I waited for the next, we are in pressure situation and somehow I have to do this.

Now he bowled a full toss, and I hit it straight into the crowd. The crowd cheered.

"That was a magnificent sixer from the KKR skipper. Now 13 runs required from 4 balls" said the commentator

Next ball went for a dot. I waited for the next, it was again 2 runs.

Now we need 11 runs form 2 balls.  I have to hit 2 sixers in a row.

He ran and bowled the next ball. It was a Yorker and I hit it again for a six.

Now, we need 5 runs of 1 ball. I could feel the tension in the air. This one ball is going to decide who is going to get their name carved in the history.

He came running towards me. He bowled. It was a inswinger. I hit it as hard as possible to push it into the crowd.

"OUT" shouted De cork. Fuck. The fielder caught the ball.

----

Vote❤