30. Engagement

~Next Day, at Abhishek's Engagement

Shubman

"So someone is losing their bachelor tag today" I said adjusting his hair. And Abhay laughed.

I saw Renu coming toward us. She is damn gorgeous. Dressed in a golden off shoulder lehanga. "Hi renu" said Abhay.

"Hey guys" she replied. "Congratulations Abhay. I'm so happy for you. And you look great today." she said.

He thanked her and Renu left to see Kriti.

"Abhay, Its time to exchange the rings, come" said Abhay's mom.

Abhay and Kriti got on to the stage. I smiled at how they both were looking at eachother a blushing. I'm so happy for him.

They exchanged their rings and they started playing songs and all started dancing.

I wanted to dance with Renu but she asked me for time. So I decided not to disturb her and remained seated. After few seconds, Anikha asked me to dance with her  and I agreed.

------

Now its 11 pm all the guests and relatives left and now only Abhay and Kriti friends are here. Engagement hall soon turned into a party hall. The lights, music everything were changed. All started dancing to the party tracks. While I was sitting at the corner looking at drunk Renu dancing with her friends. She was enjoying to the fullest as if there is no tomorrow. I was happy to see her happy and yeah, I must admit today She was cute and hot.

Then I saw a man approaching her and asked her something. Then they both started dancing. After few minutes the man started to touch Renu inappropriately. But this Renu is too drunk to realise it. I rushed towards them and pulled them apart and punched the man right on his nose. Later I realised he was also drunk.

By this time, abhay and Kriti came  rushing towards us. "What happened" he asked and I narrated the incident.

"Renu is too drunk shubman, you take her home. I'll take care of this 
Bastard" abhay said.

I grabbed Renu's wrist and brought her to my car. And started driving towards her home
I was so angry on her. But she was busy checking the wet  tissue paper box and wondered why it is wet.

We reached her home and I helped her to get off the vehicle. I took her to her bedroom.

"Why are you this drunk, Renu? He was touching you inappropriately  and you are too drunk to realised it. Why did you drink so much today ?" I asked her.

" hashtag my life,  my rules" she smirked.  I have never seen her this drunk in all these months.

"Punjabi chidiya ki khaatir
Desi dil mera tod diya
Maine chhod diya
Usey chhod diya
Uski kaali kartooton ne
Uska bhaanda phod diya
Maine chhod diya
Usey chhod diya

Dil pe patthar rakh ke
Munh pe makeup kar liya
Oh dil pe patthar rakh ke
Munh pe makeup kar liya
Mere saiyyan ji se aaj
Maine breakup kar liya
Mere saiyyan ji se aaj
Maine breakup kar liya
Subah savere uth ke maine
Ye sab kar liya
Mere saiyyan ji se aaj
Maine breakup kar liya" she sang jumping on the bed as dramatically as possible as, if she is performing on a concert.

[Translation: for a punjabi bird,
he broke my desi heart
I left, yep, left him.
his dark deeds
have exposed him..
I left, yep, left him.

I kept a stone on my heart (means I with a heavy heart)
I applied makeup on my face,
and broke up with my dear beloved today.
I got up early in the morning
and did all of this.
I broke up with my dear beloved today.]

I laughed at this childish drunk human and held her hand and helped her to lay in the bed.

"Go sleep" I said and covered her with blanket.

"No, I'm not feeling slee--" she suddenly closed her mouth with her palms.

"What are you doing??" I asked confused.

"No no shubman, I should not speak to you. I should stay away" she said

"Why should you stay away from me" I asked.

"Its a secret"

"Its okay. Tell me" I said.

"You should not tell to shubman okay?"

I nodded.

"Come here" she said and bought me closer. "Because I love shubman." She whispered in my ear.

Whatt!! Renu loves me?? I was a hell shocked. I never expected this.

"But he loves Zaara. She is still in love with her. So I want to stay away so that I can stop loving him and not ruin our friendship" she told.

I felt like a thunder struck my head.

"Okay sleep now" I helped her to remove her heels and she slept on bed. I stayed there until she dozed off and left to my home.

-----

Hope you all liked this chapter
Any guesses what shubman will do now or how he will react?

Vote ❤