20. Friends

Shubman

We just finished our breakfast and walked out of the hotel. We got into the car and I drove out of the hotel. "So, what next?" I asked Renu.

"That's it for today, you may carry on with your routine" she answered.

"If there is any shoot, inform me a day before. I want to mentally prepare myself first" I said.

"C'mon shub. Its not chemistry exam to prepare a day before. It's the chemistry that should come from within" she laughed at me.

"I just can't go and hug random girls and give a romantic looks, okay?" I said giving her a innocent look.

"Okay shub, I know you are a shy person" she said teasingly.

"Only for strangers" I corrected.

'Then,  am I a stranger?"  She asked looking at me curious to know what I'm going to say.

"No, you aren't" I said which made her smile.

"Then who am I?" She asked cutely.

"Rythvah"

"Shubman, tell me" she gave me a fake glare.

"Let me think" I said.

"Finished thinking?" She asked after 2 seconds.

"Will you be my friend?" I asked her putting my hand forward.

"Let me think" she said the same words which I said a minute ago mimicking the same tone and expression.

-----

~at Shubman's  home

"Shubmannn" I heard her shouting my name.

"Yessssss" I shouted walking out of my room.

"I want you to sign these papers" She asked walking towards me.

Before I could answer, her phone went off. "One second" she told and answered that call.

"Hey"

"Okay, dear. Catch you later" she said and hung the call.

"Won't you ask who it is?"

"Who knows, may be your child waiting for you at home for dinner" I said chuckling.

"Shubmannn!!! Am I even looking like a  mother??. I'm not even married yet" she said giving me a childish look.

I laughed.  She was cute. Later she too joined me laughing. Its been months since I had a genuine laugh.

I looked at the watch. Its 11 pm. "Renu, its already 11. Leave now, we can finish these paper works tomorrow" I said.

"Just 10 more minutes shub. I'll be done"

"Atleast, did you inform you parents that you will returing late?"

"I live alone. So no problem" she said.

"Okay" I said. And we started our paper works. Soon we were done with it.

Its 11.36 pm now.

"Okay shub, byee. Will meet you tomorrow" she said packing all her stuff into her bag.

"Yeah. Good Night" I said.

She replied the same while opened uber in her mobile.

"What are you doing?"

"Booking a Cab"

"Renu, its already half past eleven is it safe to travel alone? The world isnt safe late night" I asked.

"Then how do I travel? Like spider man, jumping building to building? I'd love to do that. But unfortunately I dont have that super power. Or like Thor? Using my hammer,  through Bifrost, but I dont have heimdall at home." She said and I smiled how her eyes glittered when she spoke about superheros.

"I'll drop you at home"

"What?"

"I said, I-will-drop-you-at-home"

"Shubman, but--.

"No buts and ifs,  come with me"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

-----

I was driving the car while she was looking outside the window while the cool air hit on our face.

"So, are you liking this new city?" She asked breaking the silence.

"Absolutely.  And this city at night is amazing. The only problem is language. I'm unable to make friends here"

"I'll teach you Tamizh"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"That's gre---" I was interrupted when I saw Renu was looking outside the window. I looked at the director she was looking at. There a man selling ice cream. She is really a kid.

"Want ice cream?" I asked.

She looking at me. And slowly nodded her head with her eyes full of innocence.

I stopped the car and we walked toward the ice cream vehicle.

"What'd you like to have?" She asked me.

"Butterscotch" I said.

"1 big chocolate and 1 big butterscotch" she ordered. And was about the take out the money from her pocket but I paid.

"Shubman, let me pay"

"That's okay Renu. Concentrate on your ice-cream" I said.

"And, if you need something, ask me okay? Domt just keep  looking at it. I may not notice everytime" I said

She nodded.

And also I told the ice cream selling bhaiya to not to tell anyone that I came here. I don't want a new rumour about me.

We both sat on the nearby bench eating ice cream. The chillness in the breeze. The silence. Everything was so calming. Except the kid beside me, who spilt all her ice cream on her shirt. I gave her my hand kerchief.

She took it from me and wiped all the ice cream away.

"Shubman" she called.

"Yes"

"Will you be my friend?" She asked.

"Yes" I said the next second without having a second thought.

____

Hope u all liked this chapter..
Do recommend this book to others.

Dont forget to upvote ❤