War

I took deep breaths in and out, in attempt to calm myself down but I knew it wouldn't work. I closed my eyes in frustration and I felt the three pair of eyes bore on me probably with as much concern I had. I don't even think concern is enough to describe how I felt. I couldn't believe my ears and I needed to hear it again.

"What the hell are you trying to say?" I opened my eyes.

"That's w-what I said Kevin and as you can see she's gone" Unathi sobbed.

We were standing in the middle of emergency room that a few hours ago was filled with Enhle's presence but now she was no where to be seen.

"We came to check on her an hour ago and when we got here we didn't find her. We thought maybe she got moved to another room so we asked the doctor and he said he last checked in on her a few hours ago. That's when he checked every room and we didn't find her. Then they allowed us to check the CCTV and a guy in a black hoodie c-" Sam ranted.

"Where's the damn doctor!" I cut him off.

The doctor must have heard my loud voice and came in running with a look of defeat and concern. I was breathing heavily and I needed some damn answers now.

"Take me to your CCTV room" I said in a demanding tone.

"Mr James I ha-"

"Now!" I glared him and he flinched at my tone.

He nodded and I followed him to the footage room and the security guard immediately played the tape from a few hours ago. My eyes widened when I saw the guy in a black hoodie enter the room and Enhle was asleep. He had a syringe needle and he inserted it into Enhle's neck.

I was growing more furious by the second, he then lifted her up and took off with her. I was trying to find a way to manage my breathing but I couldn't because I didn't know what to do for the first time, I wanted to find a thing or whatever to smash.

I could feel my eyes water a bit, why her? Why is this happening to her and I wasn't there to protect her?

I walked out of the room and harshly closed the door. I returned to the ER where Sam,Unathi and Sihle were statued. I looked over at Sihle who seemed to be in another planet, she hadn't said a word since I got here. She was finding difficulty in accepting the situation, I myself couldn't accept it because it seems unreal.

Someone just kidnapped Enhle, they were wearing a black hoodie and his face wasn't visible at all.

"This is some sort of joke that she has to be running because she's here at the hospital an-d she's going to walk in any moment right now" Sihle said as she sat down.

She looked so drained, she was trying to look for an explanation that made sense and I more than anyone wanted to believe her but I know that Enhle never does pranks.

"Sihle she's not here! She's been taken by a kidnapper" Unathi said weakly.

"That's bullshit! My sister gets stabbed and now she gets kidnapped, and you want me to believe that!" Sihle yelled in frustration.

"Wait is it Lindo? Did he come back for her? Please don't tell me that son of bitch took her" Sam suddenly said.

I kept quite knowing it's not him, they don't know that he's rotting at my warehouse and he's not breathing. I wasn't going to tell them that. I need to find out who came and took her.

"I'm going to find her myself, if I have to search this entire city then I will do so" Sihle said with continuous tears.

"But where are we going to start, I mean she could be anywhere" Unathi says.